im really stoked becoz this is my first legitimately good solo but i need help with the outro part where it goes liek this:
--------14---------14---------14
---17b-------17b--------17b---
-----------------------------------

When i play the two notes they get muddle together and it just plain doesn't sound right, right now i alternate pick it so a down stroke on the 17 and an up stroke on the 14, i tried down stroking both but i cant get the speed and i get the same muddled notes to an extent. Please give me some help or guidance on what i should work on
how big of a bend is it? 1/2 step or whole step? a whole step bend on the 17 would be the same exact note as the 14 on e. Therefore you shouldn't get a muddled sound out of it. Just one note.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
make sure u bend the 17 all the way up to the same pitch as the 14. and dont play 14 until 17 is bent up to the same pitch
RG's & Mesa's
Don't let the 17b let ring. I don't have any tips on how to do this since I did it naturally. You have to do this for the bends afterwards also.

Good luck.

St.Edit

Quote by ortrigger
how big of a bend is it? 1/2 step or whole step? a whole step bend on the 17 would be the same exact note as the 14 on e. Therefore you shouldn't get a muddled sound out of it. Just one note.

I forgot to mention this. Make sure you get the pitch of the note your bending right.
Last edited by St.Loony at Jan 16, 2009,
You have to do a full bend on the B string, 17th fret so that it sounds like at the 19th fret, or like the 14th fret on the high E string. Once you truly reached this pitch (F# of 19th fret) by bending from the 17th fret, you shouldn't get any disonance at all. That's called a unison bend if you play both the 14th fret and bend at the 17th.
Actually, it's a great was to practice your full bends.
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Last edited by tickler444 at Jan 16, 2009,
cheers guys will do its 11:30 down under so i might start in the morning for the neighbours sake