Page 1 of 3
A new head and a 6505+ Combo.

Peavey proudly announces the debut of the new Peavey 3120 high-gain guitar amplifier head, a versatile three-channel amp with 120 watts of power and a trio of distinct voices capable of producing guitar tones from crisp and clean to total high-gain saturation.

http://namm09.musicradar.com/news/peavey-launches-the-all-tube-3120-guitar-amplifier/

After forging the sound of aggression for more than 15 years, Peavey is making its highly respected, high-gain 6505® Series amplifier available for the first time in a 1×12 combo-amp configuration.

http://namm09.musicradar.com/news/peavey-announces-6505-plus-combo/

Peavey Expands VYPYR™ Modeling Amp Series With Tube-Powered Head

http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/358/20091501.cfm

Peavey & Joe Satriani Create the Definitive Modern 50-Watt Amp

http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/353/20091501.cfm

Peavey Expands Award-Winning Custom Shop to Debut Hand-Built Amplifiers

http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/359/20091501.cfm

Peavey Debuts Revolutionary New Power-Amp Technology in Ultra-Lightweight & Efficient IPR™ Series

http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/347/20091501.cfm

Peavey Honors Lynyrd Skynyrd's Gary Rossington With Signature Edition Penta™ Amplifier

http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/354/20091501.cfm

Theres also two bass amp related articles.
Last edited by bapplebo at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by djmay71
sweet about the 6505 comdo, though, I'd personally like a bigger one than 112

There's already a 212 =P
the 3120 looks mighty tastey

It sounds to me like they mixed the three most important channels from the 6505, XXX, and JSX and put them into one amp
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by djmay71
sweet about the 6505 comdo, though, I'd personally like a bigger one than 112

It probably chopped a bunch of weight off of the old version. Maybe it's under 70 lbs.
OMG! i just read the second one! i asked around here a while ago why Peavey has the 6505 in a combo, but not the 6505+!!!

SWEEET!!!!!

edit: that Vypyr head looks pretty cheap....? this is awesome news!

edit2: please tell me there are more somewhere...
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Last edited by bjovi400 at Jan 16, 2009,
wonder how much the 3120 will be.. cheaper then 5150/6505??
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
**** the Vypyr... but that 6505 1x12 is making me all hot and bothered.

TAKE 1 PLZ KTHX

Edit: Does anyone else think this is the best feature "Lighted Peavey logo with on/off switch" ?
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Jan 16, 2009,
Exactly. I'm so excited for it. Forget the Vypyr 30, I'm waiting on the 6505+!
Quote by bucketmark
wonder how much the 3120 will be.. cheaper then 5150/6505??

Probably cost the same amount as the old XXX series.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Bro, space each one out, they're gettin all jumbled up and it ruins the excitement when they're like that.

I heard about the 50w JSX in my XXX/JSX/Ultra thread, but by the looks of this news, it seems as though Peavey is attempting to become a Custom Shop like Mesa,... very cool
Ibanez AEL 12-string

so $720 for the combo in America, bout $1,500 in Australia ahaha
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
still bout $1,300 over here, damn lol
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
600 U.S. dollars = 889.41595 Australian dollars

Used with Google converter. Of course, you have shipping and other B.S like that, so I'd imagine about $1000 maximum =p
Quote by bapplebo
It'll come down to about $600 hopefully. $720 IS the RRP, after all.

With that price, I wouldn't expect it to be built like the 2x12 combos, or even to sound as good. No offense.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
It doesn't work like that bapplebo
You pay like $1,300-$1,400 for a ESP Eclipse and we pay $3,800-$4,000 for it
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
The 50w JSX doesn't have a Lead channel... probably won't be able to do metal, unless the Crunch channel is based off the Lead channel of the 120w.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by bucketmark
It doesn't work like that bapplebo
You pay like $1,300-$1,400 for a ESP Eclipse and we pay $3,800-$4,000 for it

Well its 2:11am and by now I'm half retarded.
:P all good brother.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by aznrockerdude
The 50w JSX doesn't have a Lead channel... probably won't be able to do metal, unless the Crunch channel is based off the Lead channel of the 120w.

I read an in-depth review of this on Ultra/JSX/XXX thread, and your right, its going to be missing the Ultra "lead" Channel. It still might be capable of metal if they give the crunch channel a little more gain, and even if they a don' t a good OD should get it into metal territory. The crunch channel on these amps is capable of some big high gain tones, look at the triple XXX, the crunch channel has more than enough gain, so really its up to Peavey and who they want to market that amp too, but I think I read this is going to be more of a "rocker" guitar amp.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
6505 112 for 600.00, that's awesome. I've been saving for a good tube amp and I wanted the 6505, but didn't want to spend 1200 bucks. I have been looking for an alternative, I guess I just found it.
Quote by Johnbryant
I read an in-depth review of this on Ultra/JSX/XXX thread, and your right, its going to be missing the Ultra "lead" Channel. It still might be capable of metal if they give the crunch channel a little more gain, and even if they a don' t a good OD should get it into metal territory. The crunch channel on these amps is capable of some big high gain tones, look at the triple XXX, the crunch channel has more than enough gain, so really its up to Peavey and who they want to market that amp too, but I think I read this is going to be more of a "rocker" guitar amp.

Crunch of the XXX = Lead of the JSX
At least, that's what I heard. It sounded like it when I tried those amps out too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Thanks bapplebo!

It looks to me, at least I'm hoping, that Peavey is going to help fill the gap and provide some great amps in the $500 - $1000 space. I'm hoping the 3120, the 6505 112 and the JSX 50 will all be under $999.

Interesting on Custom Shop.

Also interesting that in the Vypyr 120 Head announcement, they have the delivery date for distribution at Q3 2008. LOL. Give us a break.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

It looks to me, at least I'm hoping, that Peavey is going to help fill the gap and provide some great amps in the $500 - $1000 space. I'm hoping the 3120, the 6505 112 and the JSX 50 will all be under $999.

To be brutally honest, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Peavey would have to compromise on quality and/or tone.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I think that, other than getting out new product for the new year and everything, part of this is Bugera's fault . They were beginning to corner the market in the 500-1000 USD high gain amp range, and Peavey said, "Aw, f*uck naw! This ain't gonna happen!" so they decided to come up with basically a new improved 5150/6505 with a 3rd channel and then the 6505 1x12 combo.

God, you have to love healthy business competition.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I think that, other than getting out new product for the new year and everything, part of this is Bugera's fault . They were beginning to corner the market in the 500-1000 USD high gain amp range, and Peavey said, "Aw, f*uck naw! This ain't gonna happen!" so they decided to come up with basically a new improved 5150/6505 with a 3rd channel and then the 6505 1x12 combo.

God, you have to love healthy business competition.

Agreed.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Crunch of the XXX = Lead of the JSX
At least, that's what I heard. It sounded like it when I tried those amps out too.

No, Baically the Ultra Channel on both the Triple and the JSX are the same, (the jsx is little different with the fat switchs, and the Triple with the tight-loose settins) But all in all its the same thing. The Crunch channel is where the JSX is different, it has less gain, and is a little less "modren" in its vocing.
Quote by Cachao

My Gear
Guild DV6
^Really the only thing that makes the ultra channel sound different is the EL34, instead of 6L6s.

To me the new JSX 50 watt looks very much like a 5150/6505 instead of a JSX. Any one else note that is has 5 12AX7s just like the 6505, where as the JSX only has 4?
Quote by Cachao

My Gear
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
^Really the only thing that makes the ultra channel sound different is the EL34, instead of 6L6s.

To me the new JSX 50 watt looks very much like a 5150/6505 instead of a JSX. Any one else note that is has 5 12AX7s just like the 6505, where as the JSX only has 4?

The Ultra channel of the JSX doesn't sound scooped like the XXX's ultra channel. At least ime.

And the 5150 doesn't have a clean channel.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Have you guys looked at the IPR bass amp? Can you imagine carrying around a six thousand watt amp in your gig bag?
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by aznrockerdude
The Ultra channel of the JSX doesn't sound scooped like the XXX's ultra channel. At least ime.

And the 5150 doesn't have a clean channel.

The 5150 has a clean channel, it sucks pretty bad, but it has one.
The triple xxx only sounds scooped when you scoop the mids, again EL34s will give an amp a more woody, mid heavy tone and feel and that is what you are hearing. I run my triple XXX with EL34 and relax the mids slightly to get a flat tone. IMO the both amps sound better with EL34s, they just suite the amp better.
Quote by Cachao

My Gear
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
The 5150 has a clean channel, it sucks pretty bad, but it has one.
The triple xxx only sounds scooped when you scoop the mids, again EL34s will give an amp a more woody, mid heavy tone and feel and that is what you are hearing. I run my triple XXX with EL34 and relax the mids slightly to get a flat tone. IMO the both amps sound better with EL34s, they just suite the amp better.

The original 5150 doesn't say "clean" anywhere, so therefore there' no "true" clean to me .
And you may be right about the tubes, I could have tried one with 6L6s.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Page 1 of 3