Can anyone actually play this song? i have trouble with the freakin easy bits forgodsake

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Nope, no one in the whole world can play it, not even Eric Johnson.
Alright, mocking aside i can play most of it in parts but always eff it up when i try to play it all together.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
took me a good 2 month(not solid. on and off most of the time) to get the notes down. then took me another 2 weeks to match the tempo. you'll probably have a easier time since i had alot of stuff going on since i was procrastinating
for some reason this song is easier for me than Canon rock. But there are a lot of people who play it great on youtube, but there is also some people who totally butcher it! That would be me.

But I agree it is a hard song to play.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I haven't tried learning it yet, I probably will make it my summer goal to learn it and canon rock.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Never did anything for me, that song.
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
I can play some bits, but I've not properly tried, however it al depends on everyone's learning style, I Eric Johnsons style a lot easier to learn than some other guitarist's, so I could probably learn Cliffs a lot easier than others.

Also, there are many people who can play it, to be honest, a famous song like that, it'd be hard not to have loads of people who can play it. After all it isn't the most impossible song in the world.
i been learning the rhythm section of through the fire and flames, so im pretty sure icould pick fast enough, ive got tremolo picking nailed. i was just wondering how many UGers can play this piece of stupidly fast entire-song-soloing

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I find it's not the speed that's the issue - it's not that fast - it's getting everything clean, clear and smooth.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by Silver-spear94
i been learning the rhythm section of through the fire and flames, so im pretty sure icould pick fast enough, ive got tremolo picking nailed. i was just wondering how many UGers can play this piece of stupidly fast entire-song-soloing

There's no tremolo picking in Cliffs of Dover so that won't help you any.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5gJJ7K1PJg&feature=channel

Here. This is some kid on youtube playing it rather well IMO. Study what he does. Tis' what I'm doing to try and learn it. Also, don't be afraid to improvise as long as you stay close to what EJ did; I'm pretty sure he does that himself occasionally.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by pEdAl2
I find it's not the speed that's the issue - it's not that fast - it's getting everything clean, clear and smooth.

very true. playing this song with a clean tone is the difficult part.
It's not that hard, it only took me a few days to get all the way through it nearly perfectly. Canon Rock is much harder because of the sweeps but it isn't that hard after a few hours playing those sweeps over and over.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
The parts i screw is the hybrid picking bits at the intro and then in the solo towards the end..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
i can do it all except the intro and outro
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
CONSTANT VIGIL- I mean practice. It will take some time to learn. Eric Johnson Improvised most of it, and constantly does live anyway.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I can...

I learned the whole song in a couple of hours. You just have to be able to do fast pulloffs and hammer ons and pick accurately and fast. Takes quite a bit of practice to get to that level, and flatter necks help alot.
Last edited by AcousticLesPaul at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by Silver-spear94
Can anyone actually play this song? i have trouble with the freakin easy bits forgodsake

I hear some guitarists do this thing where they 'practice' to improve their skill