Just a quick question: how does an SG suit styles like : Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Rage Against the Machine ?

If it doesn't is there any mod you would recommend , for example pup changes ? (no actives)

It's just a question, not something like i'm gonna buy one or have it
They're just fine. Only 22 frets and no floyd make them a bit limiting as lead instruments, but SGs are some of the most versatile guitars available.
Quote by Danno13
They're just fine. Only 22 frets and no floyd make them a bit limiting as lead instruments, but SGs are some of the most versatile guitars available.

Hm thanks actually been thinking of getting one, or building one similar to it thats a great advantage
Epiphone SG Prophecy EX
-24 frets
-EMG Picups
-Looks sexy as hell

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Jan 16, 2009,
Someone must not listen to Sabbath...
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
Quote by esp1234
What amp are you planning on playing the Sg on?

Yes, that would be a good question.

¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by JMcG92
Epiphone SG Prophecy EX
-24 frets
-EMG Picups
-Looks sexy as hell

Quote by jack hate crew
get an sg prophecy, there built for metal

Don't like the looks, I like the classy cherry and don't wanna actives
Quote by Mannequin
Someone must not listen to Sabbath...

I do, quite a lot
Quote by esp1234
What amp are you planning on playing the Sg on?

Don't know yet, but I was THINKING of and orange tiny terror combo , but I DON'T KNOW YET and it's an idea in construction
When you buy the amp (whatever it is you choose to buy in the future), try out like 2 or 3 different style guitars to see if it suits your style. For example, when I bought my Traynor YCV50, I tested it out using my guitar (mexi strat) and I liked it. I also tried it out with an Epiphone Les Paul (not that I'm gonna buy one necesarrily), and I really liked the Guns n Roses tone I was getting out of it. Just a thought.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by Woozye
Don't like the looks, I like the classy cherry and don't wanna actives

Link

Last edited by JMcG92 at Jan 16, 2009,
An SG is a great guitar for lead work, you may not have a trem but it is one of the most comfortable guitars to solo on, the neck as you know as you know is a double cutaway so the access to the higher frets is so easy its one of my favorite guitars.

That being said, its a very versatile guitar theres nothing you cant do with an SG.
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
Quote by JMcG92

yeah, I was aware of that, already tried out a les paul like that .. Thing is, I don't like it. Just don't like that gold hardware, the knobs.. I really really like the Gibson SG Special in worn cherry, but it's way outta my pocket .. But it's got everything: dot inlays, 2 tone 2 volume, full pickguard ...
Quote by Woozye
it's got everything: dot inlays, 2 tone 2 volume, full pickguard ...

Well, the G-310 has all that, but it's got a bolt on neck.
The G-400 or G-400 Faded is a much nicer guitar for the money.

I play metal on my Gibson SG all the time.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Gretsch G6118T Anniversary
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender Showmaster

Peavey Valveking Half Stack

My YouTube Channel
gibson made a whole range of guitars for metal; the Gothic range

explorers, Vs, SGs, les pauls

they had EMGs and floyd rose tremolos.

now theyre only available in ****ty epiphone format.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ