Hello,

I'm looking for a better sound and am looking at upgrading my stock fender pickups.

I have a Standard Fender Precision.

I have a MAG300 EVOII C210.

Regards to my music taste and what i play... I play a lot of Chili Pepper's, Jamiroquai, Muse And Rage Against The Machine.

I don't use effects so much, occassionaly Wah (Boss AW-3) and some fuzz and synth.

I don't have any price limit as such...

I'm currently looking at EMG's for around £70.

All pickup suggestions and comments are welcome...

Thanks for your time.
I would go for bartolini pickups if you want a sound close to those bands, or a Basslines SBP-2.
Listen to my band - www.myspace.com/theacidiks
Fender MIM P Bass - Badass II Bridge, Seymour Duncan (Basslines) SPB-3 - Strings 55-115 (Standard Tuning)
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
I stand by my Duncan QPs for any style of music. They breathe new life into any P-Bass. I'm not really a fan of EMGs (though I've only used actives to be fair).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Thnks for the quick replys, I'll check them out any more suggestions?...
All of those bands you listed use a jazz bass, so I don't know how close you can really get to their sounds but I second getting the Duncan QP's.
Quote by ccmetz2020
All of those bands you listed use a jazz bass, so I don't know how close you can really get to their sounds but I second getting the Duncan QP's.

this.

really- do it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Sid McCall
I stand by my Duncan QPs for any style of music. They breathe new life into any P-Bass. I'm not really a fan of EMGs (though I've only used actives to be fair).

+1
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora