Page 1 of 3
Hey guys, is there any way i could cause treble loss from all of these wires being in my tele's two control cavities?

Last edited by Ralph Napier at Jan 16, 2009,
that just looks horrific
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
wtf!?
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Quote by crohno
it¡s that from a tele or is an inside pic of the shuttle?

The wiring on my tele... It's a little crazy...

That is EPIC!

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by Ralph Napier

thats what i call individualism
what are all these switches for?
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Quote by JMcG92
That is ugly as fack!

fixed

edit: 2 output sockets?

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
I demand to know what all those knobs do and why you need three humbuckers and... and... how much did it cost to do all that?!?!?
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
It looks like its setup for different volume and tone etc controls on the guitar itself. So you switch between two settings and use two different amps.

Creative idea, I'll give it that!
I'm guessing that the two outputs means that one is MIDI and the other is a standard one... A few blend pot for each pickup, volume for each pickup, tone for each pickup maybe... I'm assuming you're ether a tone seeker or a control freak...
Quote by chipmunksurfer
fixed

edit: 2 output sockets?

It's for steeroooo *cue surrond sound effect*
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by fantasyh
It's for steeroooo *cue surrond sound effect*

you spelled stereo wrong. and even one output socket can go to a pedal, a mixer, an amp head, or plenty of other things to split the signal into stereo. you probably could've bought another guitar instead of making this ridiculous... dare i say telecaster?!

edit: anyways, the bottom one (which is hard to see) looks like it might be midi. so i take it back.

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Last edited by chipmunksurfer at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by Ralph Napier

that is the most hardcore tele i have ever seen, deathmetal with a tele, i want it.
i would find a way to clean it up a bit in there, like wraping the bunches of wires in electril tape, or all the wires to a single pickup in some kind of interference blockig tape.
wow

I thought some of my wiring was complex but that is just... beyond.

I'd never remember what bits did what!

Can't wait to hear what everything's for!
I think it'd be cool to **** around with one of those for a while, see what sounds you can squeeze out of it.

I'm diggin' it, TS, I think it looks cool with all the knobs etc.
------

Shwiggity.
Wow, cool.
A tele with a rosewood 'board.
... HAH. Bet none of you took any note of THAT :p

It won't be a problem, but it might be worth using higher quality wires or maybe 1000k pots.
(to those guessing what it all does)

k, well without taking another look at the wiring, I'm guessing that theres a volume and tone knob for each of the pickups (did noone else notice the piezo?)

the 2 selector switches, and 2 push/pulls are probably to allow coil splitting options. I would guess one selects between the
piezo/
piezo and one bridge coil/
one coil of bridge/
full bridge humbucker/
other coil of bridge/

then the other something like:

middle (full) humbucker/
middle and one coil of neck/
one coil of neck/
full neck/
other coil of neck/

then one push pull mutes both the bridge and piezos, and the other mutes both the middle and neck buckers

thats my best guess at what it could be, but, of course, I could be miiiiles off.

(and to TS)
it'll probably have a bit of an effect, but (as the post above me says), good wire/ posibly using 1M pots might make up for it..

but regardless, you have a really, really cool tele, Ralph

edit: ****

I didnt even notice the 3-way switch up near the top, or what looks like another piezo at the lower corner of the neck pickup...
then theres what looks like a momentary switch

so to add to what I'm guessing it does, the 3-way could select between either piezo, and momentary switch is a killswitch.

just guessing still, though
Last edited by james4 at Jan 16, 2009,
^ good eyes, boss!

I'd think the same thing, but I've not got half a clue about half of this stuff.

that's like, a quarter of a clue, at best. Not impressive.
------

Shwiggity.
awesome, youve beat matt bellamy on most knobs fitted to a telecaster type guitar

(maybe)
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
maybe im off, but the first thing i noticed was not the piezo on the bridge but what looks like a piezo on the corner of the neck pickup, anyone else think so?
so I'm thinking this:
Magnetic pickups:
5-way switch
master volume
master tone
blend pot for bridge hb
coil splitter

Piezos:
3-way switch to choose betweeb bridge/neck piezos
volume
tone
mystery pot
mystery push/pull

killswitch

and past that i'm stuck, because if you look closely, there aren't actually two outputs, the strat style output is upside down (check the lack of a rout for it in the first pic he posted) and has a switch for something instead of a jack, so that gives us mono output, but leaves three switches and two more pots (one of them a push/pull) that need explanation, in addition to how wrong I am about most of this...
Last edited by rednwhiteblues at Jan 16, 2009,
i can't even begin to comprehend what's going on inside that tele
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I demand an explanation for this beast!
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
That's pretty cool, fairly neat, all things considering.

I definitely beats out mine for knobs.

I like my complex setups as simple as possible, though, if that makes sense.

And in all honesty, you're not adding that much capacitance with those wires to make a difference. Nowhere near, in fact.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Jan 16, 2009,
I have more clear photos...

Anyone want some?

E-Cookie to whoever guesses what everything does!
Quote by pielover375
Quote by Ralph Napier
I have more clear photos...

Anyone want some?

YES

Quote by pielover375
What does the switch turn on and off?

Well, it's a triple pole double throw switch that mutes the guitar and changes the functions of some of the switches. the red button is a reverse- killswitch. it lets the muted signal through when you press it.
I humbly request that you post more pictures with explanations please.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
I humbly request that you post more pictures with explanations please.

Page 1 of 3