Right now my rig has:
Squier affinity series
Crate v33
MXR distortion pedal

alright, so my clean tones are awesome, but whenever I try and get a good distorted sound, it usually sounds like ****.

any recomendations?
I was thinking about getting an Ibanez guitar.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

New amp.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Possibly be the amp. I don't know anything about the Crate v33 though. But have you messed around with all your settings to get the distortion you want?
New amp will make more of a difference than a new guitar, fender blues junior. Even if the pickups are **** (which they are, that was my first guitar too) they will sound like good **** through a tube amp. New amp new amp newamp.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
New Guitar! If you want to spend some money!!!
And please Describe sounds like ****? Too much Bass, Is the tone muddy, sounds like a icepick repeatedly blugeoning your eardrums? What don't you like about it
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by Chrisiphone
New amp.

I just got this amp....

The amp sounds awesome on clean setting, and whenever I try and distort it it sounds like mud.

so... should I buy a metal muff and THEN save for a new guitar, OR should I just keep saving for a new guitar?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

well the v33 overdrive is not the greatest but its deff. not baaaad...dont usethe mxr distortion with it though...and it also depends what sounds youre trying to get out of it...which are...
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
you need a bridge humbucker my friend

it'd be about $150-200 for a new pickup and pro installation.

if youre planning on a new guitar go for one with at least 1 HB
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.