fender strats are realy nice guitars... go for it
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
do you play the metal screamo or the whiney emo screamo?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Are you going to be playing shows or just playing in your home ?

I tried the Half-Stack and the thing I didn't like was that is was not heavy enough at low volume, combine with the not so heavy sounding Stratocaster I don't think you will get real heavy metal sound.

And for the punk, I know that many punk-rockers were using maple neck to get a crispier sound, so the rosewood neck might not be the best for you.
its a fat strat... it will be as heavy sounding as an ibanez
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
aww yeah go for it
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
x2 on all the yes answers
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Yes, go for it, Fender = Win
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Should work yust fine , expecialy Blink 182 songs at clean drive
I like Fender, so yes. It fits your genres, so yes. It's a good guitar, so yes.

That work? ;P
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I think the only way to find out would be to play it. It would do the job really nicely, but you might hate the feel of the neck, or you might just hate the sound played through your amp.

So yeah. It would do the job and do it nicely, just make sure it's the right for you.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I would rather use an amp's natural gain and an OD pedal for rhythm instead of the clean channel with distortion piled on, but whatever sounds best to you is what you should go with.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
fender 85 jap strat epic win
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Just go by how it feels. It will feel very different from the Les Paul. You'll probably want to change the pickups since they won't be high output so don't worry about how it sounds.
buy it and coil-tap the bridge pick-up and you'll get just about any tone you want out of it. A decent luthier can do it for you pretty cheap installing a push/pull pot. I had my HH modded (both pickups split, two pots) and set up with new strings for $75 USD.