Alright, as of September, I was a happy user of a Boss DD-3. My only gripe was it ate batteries, which I intended to fix with an adapter bought this weekend. Then my DD-3 died on me. No reason whatsoever, but it just won't turn on anymore. I tried replacing the battery, different cables, guitars and amps, somethings wrong with the pedal. This shouldn't happen to something with a five-year warranty.

Needless to say I'm more than pissed and hoping to be able to get a new one from GC and then manage to return/sell it to recoup my losses. Anyway, I'm looking for a delay pedal to replace it. Analog, digital, throw what you want at me as long as it's not Boss. Delay tones I'm looking for are similar to that of The Edge on most of U2's stuff, Eric Johnson's on Cliffs Of Dover, And Steve Vai and Brian may in the following two videos, respectively;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyCRSZjtYBI&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m69BrvJNfg&feature=related

So, UG, any recommendations? Budget is about $150.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
The 5 year warranty means you can return it and get a replacement free of charge for up to 5 years, does it not?

This only applies to pedals which actually aren't working at all, like yours. Boss are generally very reliable but my local shop stopped stocking their products because the warranty doesn't cover faulty operation - it only covers products which simply don't operate at all, so they would have pedals with a few features that don't work which they could do nothing about because the rest of it still works.

what i'm saying is, since it simply isn't working, rather than having really messed up delays or whatever, you should be able to get a free replacement.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
The 5 year warranty means you can return it and get a replacement free of charge for up to 5 years, does it not?

This only applies to pedals which actually aren't working at all, like yours. Boss are generally very reliable but my local shop stopped stocking their products because the warranty doesn't cover faulty operation - it only covers products which simply don't operate at all, so they would have pedals with a few features that don't work which they could do nothing about because the rest of it still works.

what i'm saying is, since it simply isn't working, rather than having really messed up delays or whatever, you should be able to get a free replacement.

I figured that much, but since I've never taken it out of my house except the Saturday before last for a meet with my bands tentative second guitarist, and even then I never plugged in or stepped on it. Pretty much all it's use has been home use with my generally bare feet. I guess it may have been a fluke, but if the warranty replacement breaks, I'm off Boss. Just to be safe though, I'd prefer a different brand for now.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
So, just to sum up, you've been told that you can get a brand new one from Boss because yours has stopped working. But you prefer to to shell money out on another brand instead, just incase the replacement goes down too?
Things break, small boxes filled with circuit boards break more easily, no matter if your warranty lasts till 2080.

There's no telling when things like these will give up, but when it does don't be that guy that loses all trust in a pedal he loves because of it.

Fact is, boss are possibly the most sturdy and reliable pedals on the market.

What I'm trying to say is: get over it and don't waste your time getting stressed out about different pedals or replacements when you were satisfied with the original pedal to begin with.
My MXR phaser died 3 days after i bought it.
It was my fault...i unplugged it without turning it off, there was some sort of a power surge and something got fried.
I took it to a tech...2 days, one IC change and 7 dollars later, i have a working brand new pedal.
You shouldnt lose confidence in any company after just one letdown.
Sometimes stuff breaks. No reason to be bitter. Take it back to guitar center or Boss and get a new one. I've never had a problem with Boss and they're one of the most reliable.
if youre using an adapter, take the battery out.

are you getting the bypass signal?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.