Hi guys, I'm in need of some suggestions of what to play in a competition. It's not a big competition - but worth it nonetheless.
What im looking for is something that sounds good on its own (I like alot of Spanish sounding stuff), and in standard tuning, or half/whole step down - not a fan of weird alternate tunings.
I was originally planning to play Under The Bridge - RHCP, but wasn't so sure on it. Then i thought i might do Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley, but after that i changed my mind again... to Mediterranean Sundance - Al Di Meola - Which is where i got the Spanish sounding idea from.
After beginning to practice that i realised with just one guitar it wasn't too bad, but after the intro didn't sound so good - And was also quite hard (But if i really liked a song wouldn't mind putting the hours in).

Suggestions?
Something melodic by Metallica. Youll need a backup guitar for that though... Hmm... Go with Sweet Home Alabama! That always works!
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Metallica - One

knocks audiences dead. especially if you set the right mood in the room.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Yellow Ledbetter, the most beautiful guitar work since Stevie himself.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
If I Could FLy - Joe Satriani

I guess that's something anyone can enjoy...if you are really looking for that spanish sound maybe try something from Rodrigo and Gabriela, like Tamacun?
A possibility?
Last edited by toby3p0 at Jan 16, 2009,
That beast guitar solo at the end of Crossroads. Play that and you'll win anything.
Strats & Seagulls
I Cum Blood, it's in Eb. Just learned it yesterday, one of my favorite songs to play.

But in all seriousness......Wishful Thinking by John Petrucci would be great.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Thanks for all of these so far guys, im gonna filter through them all and have a little go at each.
Any more suggestions are still welcome

EDIT! - Sorry i also forgot to add that no distortion will be available, so a clean toned song (or one that will sound good with a clean tone) would be good
Last edited by Guitar-God-Elf at Jan 16, 2009,
Another idea would be Black by Pearl Jam, it's very similar to Little Wing and Yellow Ledbetter, but it's difficult to find a good tab for it and is very challenging anyway.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
MEDITERANNEAN SUNDANCE. Knock your competition out with this. Like seriously, he wants to win, not lose

But if you are doing it, make sure you can play it VERY CLEANLY. Anything other than VERY CLEANLY it will sound like crap.
Quote by area5x1
MEDITERANNEAN SUNDANCE. Knock your competition out with this. Like seriously, he wants to win, not lose

But if you are doing it, make sure you can play it VERY CLEANLY. Anything other than VERY CLEANLY it will sound like crap.

I was leaning back towards this, i have got 2months to practice so im sure i could get it clean by then.

Also could anybody recommend some good clean Clapton songs? I dont really know much of Clapton's stuff. And i was also considering Little Wing and Under The Bridge again.

Im still not sure But il make a decision tommorow.
Thanks for all the suggestions so far!