if i buy a guitar that comes with tremolo and i dont need it, can i take it down and dont use it ?

or does that affect on on something?

thanks
depends on the tremolo system.

i would say on most lower end guitars it is probably removable (by simply unscrewing it from the bridge) but some, like most bigsby whammys(if im not mistaken?), are fixed to the bridge.
ehh
Last edited by skaguitarist53 at Jan 16, 2009,
...You clearly dont know a lot about bridges. Removing the tremolo will make you have to buy a new bridge, drill new holes and make sure everything works after that. Why just dont use the tremolo?
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
On (most) trems, they either unscrew, or pop out. If you get a Fender style trem, it just unscrews. If you are not going to use it at all, it is best to have the bridge completely locked down. This is not hard to do, but have a local guitar stoe do it for you if you are not sure. A wooden block is sometimes used (placed in the trem rout), to totally lock down the trem. Some say is helps with sustain.
Right. You can only remove the arm. You know, it will flip out of the way if you don't want to use it.
thanks

heh, ok, i was thinking about that arm, i thought it could bother me if i would not use it.
im sure ull wanna use the trem someday so dont remove it. and i know it might seem hard to use aswell but believe me its funnnnnnn ull get used to it and squilling like a pig in no time..haha
on some guitars you can just spin the tremolo a certain way (left or right) and it will eventually come off.
Quote by Purple_Tears156
on some guitars you can just spin the tremolo a certain way (left or right) and it will eventually come off.

that would be to the left counter clock wise..keep spining it to the right u might strip it out that wouldnt be good...iv never heard of a trim being treaded backwards
If you mean floyd style trems yeah you can block those with a tremolo-no or block of wood and it wont hurt anything except that your tuning is gonna be like a hardtail now so it will go out of tune more often.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Yeah you learn I tuned mine in under 5 minutes today I think im getting good at it, it was only slightly out of tune though but I used the tuning machines to get more range in my fine tuners as they were about bottomed out.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor