So i got the 10 band eq from mxr and i love it. I get so many good tones out of it, the only problem is now that i have that, i dont like the tones i get just from my amp. My band uses a lot of different sounds so i was hoping to be able to use the eq on the amp for one tone and the pedal for another, but i dont like how the one on the amp sounds. Is there an eq pedal that has programmable presets or will i need to buy more than one eq
Boss EQ-20, but I have no idea how well it works. I would imagine it's pretty foolproof since it's just an EQ pedal.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
You'd need a rack eq probably.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
You can do that, but it's usually not an either or situation. You should dial in your tone with both the amp EQ and the Pedal EQ.

Dial the amp in as best you can and shape it with the pedal.

Another pedal wont hurt... but maybe try a less expensive EQ... Danelectro's Fish n Chips is only $30.
maybe a multi effects processor and set each patch for a different eq
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by 667
You can do that, but it's usually not an either or situation. You should dial in your tone with both the amp EQ and the Pedal EQ.

Dial the amp in as best you can and shape it with the pedal.

Another pedal wont hurt... but maybe try a less expensive EQ... Danelectro's Fish n Chips is only $30.

Thats what i do, but The band im in has a few separtate tones, i use the amps eq and eq pedal to get one, and then there are a few other tones i want to be able to get. the danelectro is a good idea.

Quote by ibj273
maybe a multi effects processor and set each patch for a different eq

that would work but thats just a standard eq, not the 10 bands