I've always wondered which band had the real "punk" and which ones were mainstream and say they're punk. The only punk or so called punk bands I listen to are Green Day and Rancid. Are they considered real punk or just maistream? And do you have any suggestions on which punk bands to listen to?

Thanks
as lp345 said BIG BLACK! (albini rules!) and also, (i dunno if you can call em mainstream), but the stooges!!!
Last edited by goo94 at Jan 16, 2009,
Green Day, NOFX, and Rancid are all punk bands.

They're just alot more poppier than most bands in the other punk sub-genres. That's why the genre is called pop punk.

Every band that plays punk music, is real punk. Doesn't matter if it's crust, street punk, or pop-punk. They're all forms of punk rock..
There's no best band of any genre. It's all a matter of opinion.

Edit: I retract my previous statement. The best tru punx is GG Allin.
Last edited by werty22 at Jan 16, 2009,
Check out the modern rock/pop rock section of the Recommendations thread.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm shocked and disappointed that the phrase 'Kong trousers fit me well' has not yet appeared in this thread.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
You're the only regular poster that's been around long enough to even know what that means.

Also, TS, just read other threads in this forum, figure out which one you like best, and then listen to Subhumans because they're way better than any punk band ever

*Reported*