Bonjour, I have an audition on tuesday for a heavy metal band and i was wondering any specific songs that are crowd pleasers or that woo the "judges" btw the dude whos auditioning me isnt in the band.
Right now i guess ill play metallica:enter sandman and black sabbath:black sabbath
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Have anything original that's cool? If you do, that would probably impress quite a bit (So long as it's good). If not, try doing something less generic than Metallica.
Strats & Seagulls
Go for some old school thrash like Kreator, Testament, Razor, etc. Just something fast, raw, and heavy.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
Play something that has the same style as they do. Enter Sandman doesn't help if they play like Necrophagist
mm yeah the holy wars is a good idea, i think ill give that shot. But one thing i forgot to say is that apparently this band are teens like my age 14,15,16 etc so i was thinking that the more metallicaish stuff. And JELIFISH19 its the old heavy metal not the the "new heavy metal" that people call it , thats more melodic death or w/e.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
HARMONIC MINOR

THAT IS ALL

But seriously try improvising or play things like Master of Puppets, Holy Wars or 2 Minutes to Midnight
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath sounds cool but it's the most uminpressing thing ever.

Play War Pigs by Black Sabbath
If you're able to figure out some of their stuff (if they have any) you shoulld do that. It will please them. And somethin to show off any skill ye have. And what everyone else before me has said too.
Play Mechanix by Megadeth

And if they tell you something like "Good job covering the Four Horsemen" you know they don't deserve you if they can't even tell the difference between the two songs
Last edited by area5x1 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by area5x1
Play Mechanix by Megadeth

And if they tell you something like "Good job covering the Four Horsemen" you know they don't deserve you if they can't even tell the difference between the two songs

If I can't tell the difference should I kill myself?
Quote by TatarSalad2
If I can't tell the difference should I kill myself?

How can you not. One's faster, lacks a bridge, and is thrashier. One's just metal.
riviera paradise by stevie ray vaughn
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
be as flashy as possible.

improvise, play super fast, use alot of cool techniques etc

i don't particularly like what i told you to do, but these days you are judged on those things, not your ability to mix well with the band.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

inb4 I Cum Blood.

Anyway, play any heavy riffing song.

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Master Of Puppets
Panic Attack
Painkiller
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
merry had a little lamb

/thread

in all seriousness pick something less common but still good.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I'm not a metal player, this is just general advice:

play something they haven't heard, so they won't know if you f**k it up.
Free speech is the right to shout "Theatre!" in a crowded fire.
Frantic Disembowelment, If you play that perfect theres no way they wouldnt give you the gig.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor