thats pretty cool. but why is one side almost white, and the other brown?
or is that just the light
Quote by metalmetalhead
what would be a good wood for a guitar neck that cheaper then maple etc..but just as good or better?

I'd stick to either maple mahogany or walnut unless you want to go with exotic wood which would cost a lot more. A neck worth of any of those shouldn't be too expensive.
Nice birch, I've got a 3 or 4 pieces of flamed birch there not too big maybe I could get some tops for neck through wings out of them.
is pine and other woods u get at lows to soft?

ill be making my own neck from scratch soon and its my frist....

so i not sure if i should just get some cheap wood and make it or get the proper stuff and and just see what happens..any advice would be very helpfull..
i am a handy person with wood. just experinced with detailed structure like a guitar neck.

i know i should have just made a new thread. but i didnt think it was important enough.. hope im not stepping on anyones toes..

sorry lp
Pine is way too soft for a neck.

Stick to maple, mahogany, walnut, all of the woods that are tried and true.

You can make bodies out of just about anything though. Almost.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Prisoner5
OOOOH I like it. Thanks again man. Speaking of which, which piece is going to me? the one displayed or...?
And another thing: where do you wanna meet my sister?

damn lp, you got it goin on.

i gotta get into the wood business.

EDIT: aww yeah.
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Last edited by Ribcage at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by telemetal
thats pretty cool. but why is one side almost white, and the other brown?
or is that just the light

It looks almost like he put water on it to show the grain... I think?
wanna send some my way for my new guitar build that I possibly will make?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Prisoner5
haha, you guys think i can actually afford all the wood im getting from him? to get my wood, i have to have my sister give him some XD

You have to let your sister do him to get wood?! Just f*ckin with ya...

Sorry I couldnt resist... But some nice wood like that for a build might be worth it...
Lp: how much is that? and where do u live?
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
hey Roman, your piece is more figured, and its about 90% white wood, no heartwood, so you should get a nice even stain/color on it.

lol @ the sister comments, you guys are going to get me in trouble with the law so shut it!

im charging roman 65 for a bookmatched top? his piece is the best though, this **** was not cheap for me.

ask your sister how far shes willing to travel, not only am i a poon-magnet, but im lazy.

hahahahahahaa
Actually, to be honest, I don't mind a big color difference...and dont worry man, she's legal XD...although that is prostitution, so you're right. Any police officers or law enforcement people: I am not selling my sister for wood!
Well, you're about 30 iles away from Alexandria you said, right? I think she said she'd be willing to go that far. I'll call you tomorrow to let you know conclusively.

EDIT: I want a darker red, kinda like the wine red Les Pauls...so if I used Colortone cherry lacquer on white wood, would that do the trick? Or would it have to be darker?
Last edited by Prisoner5 at Jan 17, 2009,
i think that'd do it man. 30 miles is a long ass way. i think im about 16 miles away on the highway, id be happy to meet her near the highway.

tell her clothing isn't required.

isnt she still bringing that dude? hahahahah
I wanna see pics of the aforementioned sister
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Alrighty...unfortunately for you horny guitarists, I have no good pics of her, but lets just say she dressed up as Mystique from the Xmen movie, complete with the no clothes element and no one complained (except me, because no one complained...a bit uncomfortable for me)
But yes, her boyfriend will be with her.
Ok, I'll give her your number when she leaves so she can call you so you guys can coordinate it together. Her name is Alisa.
Quote by Prisoner5
Alrighty...unfortunately for you horny guitarists, I have no good pics of her, but lets just say she dressed up as Mystique from the Xmen movie, complete with the no clothes element and no one complained (except me, because no one complained...a bit uncomfortable for me)
But yes, her boyfriend will be with her.
Ok, I'll give her your number when she leaves so she can call you so you guys can coordinate it together. Her name is Alisa.

PICS F***ING NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
OOps, I lied...she did have a loincloth on...but like I said, no good pics...the camera had **** quality, and I'm sure you guys wouldnt wanna see a bad picture...

Oh, and that moral thing...oh wait, no, thats not important