Page 1 of 3
and it looks like utter ****.

I was never a huge Dimebag/Pantera fan, but even still this makes me sad.

Not a whole lot of info at the moment, other than it's a 100 watt solid state amp.

I anticipate the ever-so-awesome "Why do Spiders/MGs Suck?" threads to have a new friend very soon...

Info taken from SS.org.
An updated MG, and now THIS???

Like we totally needed another oversized practice amp
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Definitely not the coolest looking amp.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Probaby crap, but don't judge till you try. Anyways Dean is exploiting.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jan 16, 2009,
Nah, this can't be anything.

Lie.

Not one ounce of this can be believed

EDIT: oh dear

"I don't know why Dean is the only target of all the anger over Dime-branded products. The Abbott family, who are custodians of Dime's estate, are full participants, and likely approve every use of the Dime name. And it makes them money."

True.
Last edited by davedoom at Jan 16, 2009,
I hate Dean sssooooo much for just raping Dimes name.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I swear... Dime is making more money dead than he ever did alive.

You see his fat redneck wife everywhere smiling big as hell. She is loving all the cash.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Well didn't Dimebag himself for a long time use SS amps, because he said he couldn't get enough dist out of valves?
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by davedoom

"I don't know why Dean is the only target of all the anger over Dime-branded products. The Abbott family, who are custodians of Dime's estate, are full participants, and likely approve every use of the Dime name. And it makes them money."

Agreed. But that's no excuse for putting out 20-30 Dimebag related guitars for the sake of "respect," imo.

Isn't the Krankstein Dime's sig amp too? Or is Krank not making them anymore?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
They are still making them, and yes, that was his amp towards the end.
Quote by nebiru
I swear... Dime is making more money dead than he ever did alive.

You see his fat redneck wife everywhere smiling big as hell. She is loving all the cash.

Well you can call him Picasso but there treating him like Tupac...

And that is just sad, atleast he was actually working on the krank amp and guitars before his death. And that amp just looks way to close to a certain amp he used back in the day. Looks like a relabeled RG model to me. I bet you anything they got the schematics and ripped off Randall in the process..

Randall RG100ES can we say rip off...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 16, 2009,
That looks God awful.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
It's kind of depressing that Dean has to ride on Dimebag's image to sell anything, and then feel the need to jack up the price just because it says Dime on it. It's even more messed up that they keep putting his name on stuff when he's not even here to endorse them -.-

One reason why I will never own a newer Dean.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jan 16, 2009,
I thought Dimebag used Krank amps? What's this amp about.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
I'm happy the guys from Trivium left Dean... less people will get ripped off now.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by nebiru

Shows how much you know. He was never married. She was his girlfriend of 20 years. I doubt she's seeing a single penny that his made of Dime-related merchandise.

However, it does sicken me how companies are raping his name just to fill their pockets with more money.
You know what's funny? The guy who founded Dean actually left the company because he was disgusted by the quality control and the rape of Dime... now he handbuilds guitars (google search Dean Zelinski).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
You know what's funny? The guy who founded Dean actually left the company because he was disgusted by the quality control and the rape of Dime... now he handbuilds guitars (google search Dean Zelinski).

Those DBZ guitars look great
Quote by Raijouta

Not even Dean likes Dean anymore. That's enough for me to end the company there unless they fix their bullcrap.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
i would say something good about this amp...but i cant find anything to say
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Shows how much you know. He was never married. She was his girlfriend of 20 years. I doubt she's seeing a single penny that his made of Dime-related merchandise.

However, it does sicken me how companies are raping his name just to fill their pockets with more money.

Shows how much I really give a ****.
Quoting from the site:

One of the highlights of Dean's booth was the Dime amps. Dean CEO Elliot Rubinson said that despite all of the new guitars this year, the amps were his personal highlight. Dean worked with Dimebag Darrell's techs to get the specs and sound of the amp that Dime used for over a decade. The controls on the amp area ll also labeled with Dime's tech's handwriting, to mimic Dime's own. We'll have a video demo up soon of the amps played with the Buddy Blaze ML, which also made its official debut at the show.

Lets keep an eye out for that video
Maybe Riffhog could report back if he sees it at NAMM
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The Dime raping is getting really annoying. I can't believe that people can buy those guitars given Dean's business practices.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I didnt know trivium left dean
Matt Heafys sig was one of about 3 of there guitars I liked
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Am I the only one that thinks it just looks cheap? Like cheaply made? I bet it fell apart 5 seconds after that picture was taken.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
^^ No you are not. Not by a long shot.

^I wish it were...

List price is apparently $700. I can't wait to see that video, because hype from press releases means absolutely nothing.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Am I the only one that thinks it just looks cheap? Like cheaply made? I bet it fell apart 5 seconds after that picture was taken.

It does look real cheap.
But, looks are deceiving.

It DOES have Emi speakers though (look at the badge on the lower right corner of the cab), so it's bound to have some kind of edge over the stock MG speakers

^700 bucks?
Hmm... so it probably is another oversized practice amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by ShredGod George
I didnt know trivium left dean
Matt Heafys sig was one of about 3 of there guitars I liked

...I'm sorry, what???
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I got a report back from NAMM that this amp sounds really good. It's got that "Vulgar Display of Power" vibe/tone to it. Now maybe some of you don't dig that tone, and that's fine, but it far from "sucks". In fact, at that time in the early to mid 90's that was a KILLER guitar tone for metal.
I'm a huge Dime fan...but this disgusts me. I put up with all the new Razorback MLs because Dime was in on the design process, but this is pushing it. I mean, Dime had NOTHING to do with this amp, and now his name is plastered on this piece of shit Dean owes their very existence to Dime, and this is what they do?
Quote by eyebanez333
I'm a huge Dime fan...but this disgusts me. I put up with all the new Razorback MLs because Dime was in on the design process, but this is pushing it. I mean, Dime had NOTHING to do with this amp, and now his name is plastered on this piece of shit Dean owes their very existence to Dime, and this is what they do?

Actually, Dime's tech and somebody else he knew were involved in it. Supposedly it's a killer sounding affordable amp. The half stack is like $500 street price. And lets face it, you know it's going to beat a Crate or Line 6 so this isn't all bad news here guys. But yes, I agree the whoring Dime's name is out of control/not cool.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Actually, Dime's tech and somebody else he knew were involved in it. Supposedly it's a killer sounding affordable amp. The half stack is like $500 street price. And lets face it, you know it's going to beat a Crate or Line 6 so this isn't all bad news here guys. But yes, I agree the whoring Dime's name is out of control/not cool.

I'll believe it when I hear it for myself. If its supposed to be a clone of his SS Randall amps then it might be decent; but other than that...its going to be shit. It just bothers me to see his name on it, because people are going to buy it because they thought Dime played it or designed it. But in reality...its something that will probably sound nothing like his rig.
I enjoyed my dean but next guitar will be surely a schecter.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Honestly since someone else designed it, the thing might actually have a shot at sounding decent all things considered. Everyone knows dime was retarded when it came to anything technical so atleast they got his tech involved...

And if you want dime in a box then you have something to go to now vs spending 40 grand worth of equipment to get his tone..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Honestly since someone else designed it, the thing might actually have a shot at sounding decent all things considered. Everyone knows dime was retarded when it came to anything technical so atleast they got his tech involved...

And if you want dime in a box then you have something to go to now vs spending 40 grand worth of equipment to get his tone..

So is it supposed to be a warhead clone?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Page 1 of 3
Recommended threads
DBZ Venom
clementci
Last post:
by JKMV11
dean usa!
omer_system
Last post: