I have an Ibanez Gio. I bought it used and restrung it. It has no trem but approximately 3 hard bends sends my low e out of tune. It may be unstretched strings but I have had them on since new years. It may also be a bad stringing job because I did it really quick and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. I am going to watch it for a few weeks to see if the strings finally stretch and then if not, replace them. If that still doesn't work do you guys recommend new tuning machine heads? What are decent tuning heads that won't cost too much?
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
Quote by racertj5
I have an Ibanez Gio. I bought it used and restrung it. It has no trem but approximately 3 hard bends sends my low e out of tune. It may be unstretched strings but I have had them on since new years. It may also be a bad stringing job because I did it really quick and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. I am going to watch it for a few weeks to see if the strings finally stretch and then if not, replace them. If that still doesn't work do you guys recommend new tuning machine heads? What are decent tuning heads that won't cost too much?

Personally I would replace everything that could be considered "hardware" on an Ibanez Gio =/ Grover makes decent tuners for an okay price, but you'd probably end up spending half the price of the guitar on tuners that would be of any good improvement. A nut change would help too.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Gotoh, Schaller, and try checking out guitarfetish.com. I know that guitar, and most any upgrade tuners will be better than the ones that come stock on it.
Thank you guys for the quick responses, keep suggestions coming! I should probably mention I got the guitar for $100 so I didn't expect it to be perfect.
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
Other than the fact that they have to be 3x3 does anything else matter?
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100