I don't know how to label this song, but it's very metal at the begining, but soon turns into a more of a hardcore jam or stoner metal song with slow and drawn out riffs.
I can't really figure out what to do with it, so any ideas would be good
C4C
:P

EDIT: ... I edited it and finished it.. kind of, I added a medicore breakdown and solo. And I also fixed the higher chords, I like them better, but I doubt anyone else would though :p
Attachments:
revised metal 38.zip
Gallien Krueger is awesome
Last edited by lionslicer9999 at Jan 18, 2009,
Song starts out okay but it gets rather boring and repetitive afterwards. Very slow and sludgy. I recommend uping the tempo and moving past those few notes you dedicated yourself to afterwards. The higher chords don't sound right at all, to be honest.
Quote by Kwonnie
Song starts out okay but it gets rather boring and repetitive afterwards. Very slow and sludgy. I recommend uping the tempo and moving past those few notes you dedicated yourself to afterwards. The higher chords don't sound right at all, to be honest.

The high chords sound better on real guitar, guitar pro really destroys their awesomeness :P
I actually quite liked that, and I'm not a huge fan of slow moving music really.

My only problem would be it was a bit short and repetitive, so try and work on that.
Quite good. First riff was really good I thought, I'm guessing there will be singing so it wasn't that repetitive, but it wasn't bad as far as thats concerned nevertheless. The next couple of riffs(up to 14) were also pretty good, except the higher bits didn;t sound right at all(even playedon the guitar). What I would recommend is instead of the higher chords do harmonics, that would make it awesome. The next riff was pretty good. What really stood out for me here was the drums, were pretty cool. 21-23 I didn't really like, on one hand a bit overused, but to me it sounded a bit forced. The riff 24-25 was good, machine head a bit? but it didn't seem right to end on the 2, maybe try ending on a harmonic on a higher string 5 or something, but it was good anyway. When you just palm muted that riff, it just seemed repetitive, not really right. I'm guessing it was unfinished. What I would recommend(not that I'm a professional at all!) is take the really good riffs you've got that I pointed out, polish them up as they say, and make a new song using them.

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
Last edited by Imperial Throg at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by Imperial Throg
Quite good. First riff was really good I thought, I'm guessing there will be singing so it wasn't that repetitive, but it wasn't bad as far as thats concerned nevertheless. The next couple of riffs(up to 14) were also pretty good, except the higher bits didn;t sound right at all(even playedon the guitar). What I would recommend is instead of the higher chords do harmonics, that would make it awesome. The next riff was pretty good. What really stood out for me here was the drums, were pretty cool. 21-23 I didn't really like, on one hand a bit overused, but to me it sounded a bit forced. The riff 24-25 was good, machine head a bit? but it didn't seem right to end on the 2, maybe try ending on a harmonic on a higher string 5 or something, but it was good anyway. When you just palm muted that riff, it just seemed repetitive, not really right. I'm guessing it was unfinished. What I would recommend(not that I'm a professional at all!) is take the really good riffs you've got that I pointed out, polish them up as they say, and make a new song using them.

The begining didn't come off to me as beeing repetative at all, if I didn't repeat 2-3 and 4-5 it would sound off. I would rather have something sound repetative than too short.
I couldn't figure out a good way to put the higher notes in GP, and harmonics sounds too Disturbed like. I know when I played on guitar it sounded way better, but I guess it was the way I was playing it.

I tried ending 24-25 on something other than 2, but I couldn't find a good note, and it just seemed more epic with the 2 chord than anything else.

I'll edit it and repost it..