Hey guys. I really need to tighten my playing up. I have issues where the strings ring out, both when I do legato (pull off to open accidentally) and when alternate picking (when I pick the open string). Is there anything I should practice to tighten my playing up? Rhythm as well, as it sounds quite sloppy?
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
Sounds like you're having muting problems to me, check this out: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEnzboW0Hc

Other than that it's just the usual solutions: metronome, practice, rinse and repeat.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Sounds like you're having muting problems to me, check this out: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEnzboW0Hc

Other than that it's just the usual solutions: metronome, practice, rinse and repeat.

Thanks for the link mon, cheers.
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
Quote by willyman101
Hey guys. I really need to tighten my playing up. I have issues where the strings ring out, both when I do legato (pull off to open accidentally) and when alternate picking (when I pick the open string). Is there anything I should practice to tighten my playing up? Rhythm as well, as it sounds quite sloppy?

Just..... practice/play.

Things like what you are talking about generally work themselves out in time. The key is... listen to what you're doing. If you find an issue like an unwanted string ringing out.... try it again and focus on not letting the string ring out. Eventually you won't have that problem.
slow down. metronome use. speed up. learn how how to mute with both the palm and fingers. you should be good then.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.