Page 1 of 2
Hello all,

I'm 17 years old, and since the last 2-3 years I've had this problem. Blushing. Whenever I have to give a presentation in front of class, when I talk to someone I don't really know, when I get a comment from a teacher/someone else my face just fires up. Really, from nothing to a red tomato face in a second... Everyone saying 'look at his face, it's a tomato' doesn't really help. I sometimes get this out of nowhere too, and people would ask me why my face is red, I usually give them some kind of excuse, but still, it makes me feel bad :s

I don't get this around friends or people I know fairly well...

I really feel this is cutting into my social life, I rarely talk to persons I don't know and I sure as hell don't talk to girls I don't know, and even if I do I won't be the one making the first move.

I REALLY need to get rid of this, it's taking over my life... I don't want to end up like the guy that says nothing, although I have the feeling I'm already being labeled as it...

Any advice/help on this?
Hmm, there was an episode like this on Greys Anatomy once, she had to have surgery. Go see a doctor, or die.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
You gotta stop caring what others think about you and what you say. It's not something that will be easy to get rid of. Just try not to let yourself feel vulnerable, and stand firm with what you say. Doubting yourself is a big cause.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Get them and yourself drunk.

Srsly.

Works at parties, not at school.
I have the same issue. I just ignore it. Normally when I get an embarrased face I'm not actually embarassed, which is annoying.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
It's probably all in your head, the more you think about it the worse it gets or something. Just don't act abashed when it happens, shrug it off, act confident.

If you are confident enough to talk to people then there won't be a problem. It's really uncomfortable when something embarassing happens to a shy person because no one knows what to say, but if you laugh or carry on or whatever people won't notice and you will be a more confident person yourself.

Either that or fry some eggs on them.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
cut ur face off so that cant say its red anymore....
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
I'm like that sometimes, too. Just don't sweat it. If someone is stupid enough to laugh at something uncontrollable like that, then they're not worth your time.
Quote by brooklynsoulja1

it will still be red...
I swear sometime reading these posts is like looking in a mirror ... except with words.
Happens to me too, and it is bloody annoying.

Just try to ignore it - if you worry about it you'll just go even redder.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by brooklynsoulja1

Wouldn't that make it redder?
I've got really bushy long red hair, so eveyone calls me "The Flying Tomato" (I know, it's Shaun White). Just start talking to random people, i.e. girls that you find attractive. Then maybe you'll stop blushing.
Focus on learning to make yourself happy by being positive. Onec you got that down, you'll realize that even if you **** up, you'll feel happy.

Thats the main reason people feel fear anyways. They're scared they'll feel bad if they **** up.

Works wonders.
There's one guy I know who turns really red when he laughs or sings and a lot ofnother instances. From what I can see it does't really bother him and sometimes he jokes around about it. Sometimes someone will comment but he laughs and moves on. I used to blush too. Just stop caring. Seriously the moment you start thinking about yourself possibly blushing is the moment you feel the heat in your face. Stop caring if you blush and accept it if you do, it will help it go away faster . Oh, and whether or not you blush I see as being of little issue to girls. If they find you attractive it won't matter. They might even find it cute. Just remember that your confidence and your blushing go hand in hand.
Quote by The Spoon
Focus on learning to make yourself happy by being positive. Onec you got that down, you'll realize that even if you **** up, you'll feel happy.

Thats the main reason people feel fear anyways. They're scared they'll feel bad if they **** up.

Works wonders.

Do you have some examples of that?
this happens to me aswell,but when i'm with my friends I can be loud and exciting and all that. But then when i'm someone I don't know I get really shy. And my face gets so red I hate it. I know what you mean, man.
If you're drunk doesn't your face go red anyway? So if someone asks you why your face is red tell them you're loaded.

And puke on their shoes.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
i know tons of people with this red-face-thing. Dude just dont give a crap what people think, thats what life is all about. The sad thing about people is that the dont look beyond the face and into the personallity, just be chill and love life. And girls actually like it when you blush... or at least from what ive heard
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Just go with it. If you're talking to some girl and your face goes red just be like "yeah, my face goes red, it's annoying, anyways..." and go on with the conversation. If you act non-challant and cool about it they won't think you're lame. Also, if you act cool about it, and they act cool about it, it might go away, who knows.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by guitar12
this happens to me aswell,but when i'm with my friends I can be loud and exciting and all that. But then when i'm someone I don't know I get really shy. And my face gets so red I hate it. I know what you mean, man.

That's exactly like me, when I'm with friends I'm always the one talking or telling jokes or whatever, but as soon as a girl or someone I don't know pops in I stay quiet...
i know a guy like that and he's really shy too.
but i think its cute how he blushes whenever i talk to him.
Quote by Vornik
Just go with it. If you're talking to some girl and your face goes red just be like "yeah, my face goes red, it's annoying, anyways..." and go on with the conversation. If you act non-challant and cool about it they won't think you're lame. Also, if you act cool about it, and they act cool about it, it might go away, who knows.

I would just not even mention it unless someone brings it up first, and then I would say something like that or I would just joke about it.
Quote by Spaminator92
Do you have some examples of that?

What do you mean?
that used to happen to me all the time, what i did at first was just focused as hard as i could so that it wouldn't happen, eventually i just tried to stay as calm as possible, even in very embarrassing situations, after a some time and experience in doing that for a while it doesn't happen to me at all anymore, i don't even have to try and stop it from happening anymore i just feel comfortable whenever, that's the best advice i can give, just get into situations where it happens and eventually you'll get control over it and it won't happen anymore. just visualize it not happening and eventually you'll get control over it.
Quote by atthedrive-thru
that used to happen to me all the time, what i did at first was just focused as hard as i could so that it wouldn't happen, eventually i just tried to stay as calm as possible, even in very embarrassing situations, after a some time and experience in doing that for a while it doesn't happen to me at all anymore, i don't even have to try and stop it from happening anymore i just feel comfortable whenever, that's the best advice i can give, just get into situations where it happens and eventually you'll get control over it and it won't happen anymore. just visualize it not happening and eventually you'll get control over it.

In short. Practice, because practice makes perfect.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Happens to me all the time. I hate it, and I realize it's happening and people look at me. It sometimes happens when I just think of something or some point where I was embarrassed and bam, my face is red.

Sucks too, cause I've been talking to my friend about how I feel kinda worthless or something, but she says I'm one of the coolest people she knows so I'm gonna take some advice from here and just not give a **** and try to be more outgoing and open to other people.

EDIT- Yeah, it happens when I improvise in my jazz band class. Sucks. There is a major tool in my class who thinks he's bomb **** cause he's on the hockey team and he seems to notice and get a kick out of it.
Last edited by guitarkid2113 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by YourDad
I have the same issue. I just ignore it. Normally when I get an embarrased face I'm not actually embarassed, which is annoying.

+1
im the exact same..and its usually when i get something thats out of nowhere.
just ignore it, other people will and get on with it.
you can have surgury, the problem is "chronic blushing" and is quite common
Quote by The Spoon
What do you mean?

About learning myself to be happy by being positive.

And when I try not to blush it gets worse, I'm thinking 'don't blush, don't blush.... ah crap *blush*'

I also tried the reverse psychology, 'please pick me to answer, please! I hope I can answer and go red like a tomato' ... Didn't really work either
Your friends may joke about it but it's no biggie, if anyone seriously judges you from it then they aren't worth your time...

And you'll flatter every girl you ever talk to. A red face is like a polite boner....
Quote by Spaminator92
About learning myself to be happy by being positive.

And when I try not to blush it gets worse, I'm thinking 'don't blush, don't blush.... ah crap *blush*'

I also tried the reverse psychology, 'please pick me to answer, please! I hope I can answer and go red like a tomato' ... Didn't really work either

Just acting positive won't give you lasting happiness. There has to be real change that comes from the inside.
It used to happen to me, but it went away. I just started being more of a social person, and yea...guitar class at my school seemed to help a lot
Quote by FortuneFaded
lol look at the ad on the top of this page.

What is it...mine's just ebay.
Quote by FortuneFaded
lol look at the ad on the top of this page.

We don't all see the same ads.
Quote by red18420

Page 1 of 2