so a friend of mine with no prior musical experience of any kind has decided he wants to play bass.
now he's not willing to spend a whole lot of money on it, like around 250 euros (preferably less)

so what are some good starter kits or something
(he likes punk and classic rock mostly if that makes any difference)

thanks for any suggestions
Last edited by hungryhobo741 at Jan 16, 2009,
read the section of the FAQ that was designed just for this question.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Quote by hungryhobo741
my sincerest appologies

no worries, it happens Always check the FAQ before you have questions, especially gear related. If you still have a question after that, or want a more specified opinion, ect ect, then thats when you make a thread.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Quote by grifff
Never heard of that brand of bass, and rumbles are pretty bland. But I guess you wont get much else with a small budget

another friend of mine has a telecaster from that brand that's pretty good ,especially for its price but i don't know about basses
Quote by hungryhobo741
another friend of mine has a telecaster from that brand that's pretty good ,especially for its price but i don't know about basses

Ohh Jack and Danny Brothers guitars! Have a look at their 5 string Jazz on eBay, looks fantastic for the price.

http://www.jandd-guitars.com/jd-jb5.htm

Anyway, they're a decent enough, very cheap company. They're made in China and sold to mainland Europe as starter/back up basses. Pretty solid instruments for a really cheap price.
huh i must have missed something ?who wants to play bass?

EDIT: nvm yzall told me alrdy it was jonas :p
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face
Last edited by the_bastard at Jan 18, 2009,