http://www.ibanez.com/eg/series.aspx?s=pgm

They've removed the PGM301.

WHY IBANEZ?

Discuss this tragedy.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
the PGM401 looks a million times better anyways ash body>>>>>>basswood

(the PGM301 had basswood right???)
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Considering that there will be new '09 models they probably did it too boost the new models sales.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pantera90
happened before with PG's other models...
you'll still be able to find it at most stores for probably close to a year.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-PGM301-Paul-Gilbert-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=520004
did it go up in price? O.o
i personally like his more funky colored ones...
i will have one some day!!

If you find an affordable PGM-700, I might just murder you and steal it. Nothing personal, though
Quote by TatarSald2
Edge III's do NOT suck!
I'ms a guitarists toos you know!

Umm... What? It doesn't matter if "YOU'RES A GUITARISTS TOOS!" That doesn't instantly make you right... My personal experience, and many on this sites has been that the Edge III really is quite terrible, and for the most part, the only kids who disagree are ibey fan boys

V.U.K.-
I had the same thing happen to me, When ESP discontinued their RZK line... you'll get over it, you'll find another beautiful guitar to make scream... I did, lol, that got preachy fast...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Umm... What? It doesn't matter if "YOU'RES A GUITARISTS TOOS!" That doesn't instantly make you right... My personal experience, and many on this sites has been that the Edge III really is quite terrible, and for the most part, the only kids who disagree are ibey fan boys

Um... Sort of random.

The I'ms a guitarists toos is a quote from the TV show Metalocalypse and is not related to my Edge III quote in any way.

In my personal experience, the only people who don't like Edge III's are ibey haters. See what I did there?
There are 4 new PGM's this year so be happy!

PGM100RE

Ibanez Fireman

PGM voted by the public

PGM401

I already have a 301 so I'm good
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by TatarSalad2
Probably wasn't selling enough.

This. A local shop has had one for about a year now...even marked down a bit...
Quote by TatarSalad2
Um... Sort of random.

The I'ms a guitarists toos is a quote from the TV show Metalocalypse and is not related to my Edge III quote in any way.

In my personal experience, the only people who don't like Edge III's are ibey haters. See what I did there?

The problem here is I'm not an Ibey hater, what I hate is when Ibey comes out with an RG that sounds like plywood being played through a tin can, but all the ibey's boys go "ZOMG ITS SO METAL, HARDCORE, BADASS!!!" The same thing with the Edge III If I, for some reason, won a free one, I'd throw it away... I personally like the Jem and Iceman very much, some of Ibey's best work, but it helps when they're origional and don't just keep using the same "Superstrat" shape...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by TatarSalad2

Ibanez is my favorite guitar brand and i don't even own one. And i hate the Edge 3. See what i did there?

Imo, the edge will last you maybe 1-2 years if you're lucky and don't use it much.

OT: I like the PGM but i noticed the necks are thicker. Is there a noticeable difference? It seems odd to be endorsed by ibanez and have them make your signature model's neck 2mm thicker...
Quote by VanTheKraut
The problem here is I'm not an Ibey hater, what I hate is when Ibey comes out with an RG that sounds like plywood being played through a tin can, but all the ibey's boys go "ZOMG ITS SO METAL, HARDCORE, BADASS!!!" The same thing with the Edge III If I, for some reason, won a free one, I'd throw it away... I personally like the Jem and Iceman very much, some of Ibey's best work, but it helps when they're origional and don't just keep using the same "Superstrat" shape...

I really don't get why you think I'm an ibey fanboy. I think that Edge's are good. Big deal. I think people just jump on bandwagons. Sure, maybe they aren't as good as an OFR, but it works, and does what it says it's supposed too.

It's a matter of opinion. You have yours, I have mine. I own one Ibanez, and I love it. I think it's a good quality guitar. I really don't wish to get into a flame war over a guitar part.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Ibanez is my favorite guitar brand and i don't even own one. And i hate the Edge 3. See what i did there?

Imo, the edge will last you maybe 1-2 years if you're lucky and don't use it much.

OT: I like the PGM but i noticed the necks are thicker. Is there a noticeable difference? It seems odd to be endorsed by ibanez and have them make your signature model's neck 2mm thicker...

Have you SEEN Paul Gilbert's hands? A typical Wizard neck would be like asking him to shred on a GH controller.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Have you SEEN Paul Gilbert's hands? A typical Wizard neck would be like asking him to shred on a GH controller.
Then why not get a guitar company that makes thicker necks? That was my point. I know he has insanely long fingers.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Then why not get a guitar company that makes thicker necks? That was my point. I know he has insanely long fingers.

According to him, he likes the feel of them. Lightweight bodies, fast necks. DiMarzios, all that good bollocks. The versatility and all that.
I was planning on getting a 301 soon, but while I have the money for the guitar, it'd be all my money, so I can't really do it... I want a 401 too, and a reissue of the 200 would be pretty bitchin'... or the dual humbucker Fireman... or maybe a fancy real PGM20th... but I won't have a job for awhile... life sucks
Too bad I heard the Fireman has a list price of $9,333 since the Korina had to be worked with in a seperate workshop.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
the neck on the new PGM is 2mm thicker!? wasn't the PGM301 released because he took 2mm off the neck?
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by sharpant

PGM100RE

Ibanez Fireman

PGM voted by the public

PGM401

Thank god.

I'll most likely get the PGM voted by the public. The RE will be too expensive, The 401 is good and all, but I'd rather get a better voted by the public PGM, and the Fireman is an SSS guitar. I'll get the fireman later, but for now I'm looking for a PGM with an HSH or MAYBE HHH config.

On a side note, Paul Gilbert and his signature guitars ****ing rule.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by aradine
the neck on the new PGM is 2mm thicker!? wasn't the PGM301 released because he took 2mm off the neck?

No. Most all of his signature guitars were custom made to be 2 mm thicker at the necks. As I said before, he's got "gihugen" hands and to have him play a standard Ibanez Wizard neck would be like asking him to shred on a GH controller. It'd be like holding a toy for him.
Quote by V.U.K
Thank god.

I'll most likely get the PGM voted by the public. The RE will be too expensive, The 401 is good and all, but I'd rather get a better voted by the public PGM, and the Fireman is an SSS guitar. I'll get the fireman later, but for now I'm looking for a PGM with an HSH or MAYBE HHH config.

On a side note, Paul Gilbert and his signature guitars ****ing rule.

Unless you've got $10,000 you won't be getting the Fireman later
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by VanTheKraut

Actually, almost all Ibanez lovers hate the Edge 3. Just those who bought a RG350DX and have never played a decent trem reckon its the shiz, because they dont know any better.
Quote by sharpant

I want one too, but it would cost way more than $10k for me. Stupid Australian dollar. I could make one though! Or even better; get Perry to make one!
Last edited by littlephil at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by sharpant

****, let me rephrase that;

I'm gonna be building a Fireman for myself eventually because Ibanez is being a penis about prices.

On a side note, am I the only one who wants a PGM200 reissue? The 800, 301 or 300 would all be good too.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

The 301 would be a joke, it's the only PGM to have been in production for the last 4 years

Over on the racer x boards we have a poll going

200 is in the lead with the 800 right behind it
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant

PGM100RE

Ibanez Fireman

PGM voted by the public

PGM401

This.

What's the big deal with discontinuing the 301? It's not like they're hard to find on eBay. Plus, as written elsewhere, you have several new PGMs to choose from.
Quote by TatarSalad2
I really don't get why you think I'm an ibey fanboy. I think that Edge's are good. Big deal. I think people just jump on bandwagons. Sure, maybe they aren't as good as an OFR, but it works, and does what it says it's supposed too.

It's a matter of opinion. You have yours, I have mine. I own one Ibanez, and I love it. I think it's a good quality guitar. I really don't wish to get into a flame war over a guitar part.

I think of my self as an Ibey fanboy, and i HATE the edge III. Ask anyone on Jemsite and they'll tell you how **** it is lol. The knife edges are as good as if they were made out of butter. I wish Ibanez had brought back the Original Edge and the Lo-Pro, they beat the leaving crap out of any OFR. Hopefully the new Edge Zero is good.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400