right im in new york in a few weeks time on a family holiday. i thought id include it in my search for a new bass. to those who've been where are good places to look? i've heard there's a big guitar centre somewhere (not sure where) but apart from that not sure.

where do i go?

thanks,
Manny's Music.

Tam is always raving about it, how she's going to go live in the P-bass section under a blanket of Eddie Vedder pics with a stuffed Les Claypool as a pillow.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
go to 30th street guitars, they have jaco's stolen bass of doom
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
The two posts above are good. There are guitars centers down by 14th street in Manhattan and another in Brooklyn at the Atlantic Center mall. The one in queens isn't very good bass-wise..
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
Sam Ash, Manny's are both great choices. Manny's is just so damn historic as well.

Also East Village Music used to be a great place for used gems back when Noah and I were teens and might be worth checking out.
Manny's is definitely a great place to just visit even if you're not in the market. Walls covered in autographed photos just give it a nice feel. I bought my acoustic there.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by the humanity
Manny's Music.

Tam is always raving about it, how she's going to go live in the P-bass section under a blanket of Eddie Vedder pics with a stuffed Les Claypool as a pillow.

Change that to J-bass I would join you
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by the humanity
Manny's Music.

Ok sigged.

One the reasons I shall always hold Manny's dear is that when I was a tiny teenager girl buying my first real guitar (A Gibson Les Paul) and couldn't the time of day from most music stores, the folks at Manny's were great.

And now I'm home sick for the city. Shoot.
Quote by anarkee
Ok sigged.

One the reasons I shall always hold Manny's dear is that when I was a tiny teenager girl buying my first real guitar (A Gibson Les Paul) and couldn't the time of day from most music stores, the folks at Manny's were great.

And now I'm home sick for the city. Shoot.

I missed being in your sig Tam, I am complete once again...

I would love having a Manny's Music style store in Riverside, even if Guitar Center rolled over I would rejoice.
in this economy, not happening.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

don't worry humanity, i've got 5 guitar shops by me, all of which will charge the rrp + markup on every guitar. i don't have a street price 20% lower than retail i have a street price 20% above retail, it's hell walking into a guitar shop and seeing you can't afford a squier
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
don't worry humanity, i've got 5 guitar shops by me, all of which will charge the rrp + markup on every guitar. i don't have a street price 20% lower than retail i have a street price 20% above retail, it's hell walking into a guitar shop and seeing you can't afford a squier

I have 2.

1 is snooty and wont let you touch crap unless you're a millionare, the other is like a tiny guitar center with no interesting or unusual basses. ever.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

I really liked Manny's, but that store (and Rudy's too, which is more for vintage) either has an angry salesman staring at you while you play good instruments, or the expensive stuff is literally locked to the stand. The Sam Ash seemed like a normal big-box guitar store.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
oh god, i went to the manhattan GC, i was treated like an ignorant buffoon. i am certainly not an ignorant buffoon. would i own a trace elliot halfstack and a '62 jazz reissue if i was?
i think not
i would still be playing my old ibanez soundgear starter bass through a H&K starter guitar amp
yes, guitar amp, not bass amp
my starter bass amp was like, 1/900000000000000000000000th of a watt, less headroom than a megaphone (never heard one that didnt distort you're voice instantly)
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses