In All the guitar build's ive seen it looks like they make the guitar body in two pieces and glue it together, I have no idea why people do this.
Is this just when you want the neck built into the guitar? or do you have to do this to all guitar builds?
It's hard to find a piece of wood big enough to do 1 piece without it costing a lot
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
It can be done...one whole piece, but it is very costly. The tone would also be effected.
Last edited by lefty01 at Jan 16, 2009,
Ahh ok.
I thought that might be the reason but neither me or my dad knew the answer.
How much would a guitar body made out of Mahogany cost? I have no idea about wood's tbh.
You can check with Warmoth guitar products. They are very friendly, and you can email them, or speak with them on the phone. They will want to know some specs...scale length, body shape/size, fretboard wood..etc. It is going to be very costly.
Last edited by lefty01 at Jan 16, 2009,
Some necks are are laminated together too. I always thought it was one solid piece until I noticed the seams on the bottom of my epi sg...so mines three pieces glued together

http://www.deanguitars.com/home.php watch how they make the USA models....
Quote by lefty01
You can check with Warmoth guitar products. They are very friendly, and you can email them, or speak with them on the phone. They will want to know some specs...scale length, body shape/size, fretboard wood..etc. It is going to be very costly.

Oh
I'm trying to do this pretty cheaply.
What wood do you recommend, Doing a Matte finish if that makes a difference.
Solid body guitars actually have a pretty cool sound... as for the mahogany thing I'm having problems finding a thick enough plank online, probably a specialty thing. If you have a local music shop that has a repair guy I'd suggest picking his or hers brain.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200