I just saw the trailer for this movie called 9. It looks amazing and has a brilliant cast.

I have one question though. Does anyone know anything about this movie? So far from what I have seen the back story and plot make no sense.

It looks awesome, but the trailer itself is not very informative, who are these guys, and why is everything dead? What are they even doing fighting these machines?

That being said, this movie is epic and I can't wait to see it. Here is the trailer if you haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIpZxBczWUg

Sorry for my ignorance if any. Thanks.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
A new era in animated storytelling begins on 9.9.09. Visionary filmmakers Tim Burton (The Corpse Bride, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory) and Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted, Nightwatch) join forces to produce wunderkind director Shane Acker's distinctively original and thrilling tale. 9 stars Elijah Wood, John C. Reilly, Jennifer Connelly, Martin Landau, Christopher Plummer and Crispin Glover and features the music of Danny Elfman. When 9 (The Lord of the Ring's Elijah Wood) first comes to life, he finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world. All humans are gone, and it is only by chance that he discovers a small community of others like him taking refuge from fearsome machines that roam the earth intent on their extinction. Despite being the neophyte of the group, 9 convinces the others that hiding will do them no good. They must take the offensive if they are to survive, and they must discover why the machines want to destroy them in the first place. As they'll soon come to learn, the very future of civilization may depend on them.

After watching the trailer i give it a thumbs up because of Coheed and Cambria's song in it.
Last edited by Logan699p at Jan 16, 2009,
9 takes place in a world parallel to our own, in which the very legacy of humanity is threatened. A group of sapient rag dolls, living a post-apocalyptic existence find one of their own, 9 (Elijah Wood), who displays leadership qualities that may help them to survive.

The conflicted, but resilient group includes 1 (Christopher Plummer), a domineering war veteran; 2 (Martin Landau), an aged inventor; 5 (John C. Reilly), a stalwart mechanic; 6 (Crispin Glover), a visionary and artist; and 7 (Jennifer Connelly), a brave warrior.

There are at least several malevolent creatures up against this group; namely, the cat-skulled creature from the short film, a split-headed flying being that resembles both a bat and a manta ray in wing shape, and an insectoid creature with jointed legs and a pod-like body.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Quote by Logan699p
A new era in animated storytelling begins on 9.9.09. Visionary filmmakers Tim Burton (The Corpse Bride, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory) and Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted, Nightwatch) join forces to produce wunderkind director Shane Acker's distinctively original and thrilling tale. 9 stars Elijah Wood, John C. Reilly, Jennifer Connelly, Martin Landau, Christopher Plummer and Crispin Glover and features the music of Danny Elfman. When 9 (The Lord of the Ring's Elijah Wood) first comes to life, he finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world. All humans are gone, and it is only by chance that he discovers a small community of others like him taking refuge from fearsome machines that roam the earth intent on their extinction. Despite being the neophyte of the group, 9 convinces the others that hiding will do them no good. They must take the offensive if they are to survive, and they must discover why the machines want to destroy them in the first place. As they'll soon come to learn, the very future of civilization may depend on them.

you copied that from the video description didn't you. Yes I read it, I was wondering if anyone knew anything MORE!
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
at first i thought it looked lame

but

then the cool music came on and now i think it looks pretty dam good. its like a serious animated film. which is strange as most animated films tend to be funny. looks pretty good.

strangely enough, my volume was set at 9 when i was watching the trailer
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
you copied that from the video description didn't you. Yes I read it, I was wondering if anyone knew anything MORE!

NO!

Maybe..
Holy ****!

EDIT: It's got John C. Reily, but no Will Ferrell......hmm......still seems good.
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Last edited by Drmmrboi180 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Coheed and Cambria FTW!

Oh, yeah, and the movie looked nice, too.

what make you say that

EDIT: Nevermind, HOLY **** I WAS WONDERING WHAT THAT SONG WAS ALL DAY!!!
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Last edited by RazorTheAwesome at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
what make you say that

That was a joke.

He was saying he was more concentrated on the music than the movie trailer.
Quote by technicolour
so basically...it's the matrix

if the matrix was a bunch of dolls, then yes probably
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
O_o

Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
what a beastly looking movie!

I gotta catch this in theaters.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Gargantuan
It already has a great soundtrack!!

Welcome Home

I wouldn't know about this movie if it weren't for the e-mail I got from Coheed.
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
yeah, its gonna be awesome
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
you know, it looks like a mature LittleBigPlanet
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Ok I just watched that short film. It was awesome, but also quite sad.

I hope that the movie is not as depressing as the short film. I hope they keep all the action though.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
The animation is pretty sweet. Lovin the music as well.
Im not a fan of tim burton, but just by the animation, I think I may check it out.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by RocksAwakening5
The animation is pretty sweet. Lovin the music as well.
Im not a fan of tim burton, but just by the animation, I think I may check it out.

I've always wondered this.

What the **** is up with your avatar?
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58