Page 1 of 2
For me it's probably Master Of Puppets or B.Y.O.B.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
for me it's come on come over by jaco, although i can't play it perfectly with all the mutes
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
certain parts of the dark eternal night by dream theater...its just...lightning.
Y'all aint nothing before you can play Foul Body Autopsy or Fermented offal discharge by Necrophagist on bass.

YAY!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
well because im still a semi-n00b/intermediate the "fastest" thing i know is Metallica's Hit the Lights. It's pretty fast for finger picking song, but still relatively easy compared to some of the stuff listed above
Puppets is damn hard, I've been playing for a while now and still can't pull it off right.
master of puppets is easy though. the hardest i know would probably be a dream theater or a necrophagist riff, maybe even: this calling master by ATR
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
I'm gonna have to go with Pull the Plug by Death.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
Metallica's "Orion" is the fastest one I really know, because I never take the time to learn anything that I didn't write....every time I try, I end up saying "ooh, is that a plastic bag?" and doing something else instead.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by AcousticLesPaul

John The Fisherman.

Probably The Trooper for me, finger style. I do use picks a lot though.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

^to your sig. i know how you feel. i play drums, guitar, and bass. im left handed and i play right handed guitars upside down cause i learned that way. drum aint that bad though. you just practice and you can get alot of stuff.

constant motion by dream theater.

and yeah. the dark eternal night song is harder but i cant even play the intro riff without hitting my low B too hard ruing the intro.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Last edited by matosh.lee at Jan 16, 2009,
Playing an A on 300BPM for 3 minutes.

>__>

Wasn't my idea though.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
Quote by phenom1991
Y'all aint nothing before you can play Foul Body Autopsy or Fermented offal discharge by Necrophagist on bass.

YAY!

hahahaha priceless man, seriously tho to the poster speed dont always = good
Im startin to make progress on the bass solo in Hammer Smashed Face
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
main riff to schism...but I still don't have the timing completely down

I used to be able to play higher ground, but I hurt my wrist in football and can't get the speed up to where it used to be and can't slap anymore cause of like 3 months of no practice due to my wrist hurting when I played. its getting better tho, and I'm working on it
I Like Green!
Fastest at the moment... maybe Aces High or Master of Puppets.

However, I'm attempting to learn 'Bad Omen' by Megadeth at the moment. The main bass riff is fast and insane
signature
For a song that's somewhat fast, pretty technical, very repetitive, and takes a lot of dexterity, I choose Iron Maiden's "Phantom of the Opera." That's one of my favorites, especially while the bass does ascending triads while the g***ars do descending ones along the same progression. It just sounds great, although it's a simple enough concept.

As for pure speed, I know most songs from Cliff-era Metallica. I also know a decent bit of black metal, along with some old school death metal. I have most of "Fermented Offal Discharge" down too although the part with the insane time signature changes gets me every time. It will be a while before I consider myself "able to play it," but it's getting there.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. by Fall of Troy, but playing the guitar melody, not the actual bass line.

As far as i fast bass lines, i guess Gang Control by Leftover Crack?

Complexity is my game, not speed.
Traben Array
2x Tech21 Sansamp RBI Bass preamps
450w Power Amp
2x Gallien-Krueger 410
-
Handmade nylon-string classical guitar
-
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Line 6 Spider 2 250w combo
-
Various Lee Oskar and Honer harmonicas
-
Yamaha YPT-310
Either the solo to scarified or YYZ.
Although I've only recently starting learning the latter, so I can only play the intro, verse and chorus as of the moment.
And Tommy the cat, on upright.
Dang hard, but sounds amazing if I can pull it off (Which happens rarely, as I have to keep looking at the fretboard and concentrating).
U Can't Hold No Groove...? Wooten?

I play it up to the harmonic part, yet to figure that out.

and Maxwell Murder by Rancid, I want to look into White Knuckle Riot, I'm digging that line.

I'm not much of a speed player... I like to sound good.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Dream Theater's "This Dying Soul"
------------------
Uugh, i just play what takes my fancy but i suppose, lacquer head is all i can think off.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
For me, the solo from my generation (the version on live at leeds), or YYZ. Both great ways to give you RSI
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by ZaccB
I'm not much of a speed player... I like to sound good.

I right there with you. But for the sake of the thread, if I practice it enough I can manage most of Kuru (Speak Like a child) by Jaco, a few Maiden songs and the Lemon Song by Zeppelin.
Quote by fatgoogle
Uugh, i just play what takes my fancy but i suppose, lacquer head is all i can think off.

God, it impresses everyone... just because there are very few songs that sound anything like it.
Considering of course that the person hasn't heard the song.
imho, i really don't know/ have heard many fast/super hard songs because i believe it's all about the groove, but id have to say chomatic fantasy, donna lee, and teen town are pretty damn hard and fairly fast
Quote by anarkee
I right there with you. But for the sake of the thread, if I practice it enough I can manage most of Kuru (Speak Like a child) by Jaco, a few Maiden songs and the Lemon Song by Zeppelin.

a third.

I used to play really fast but make relatively awful basslines. I grew out of that when I realized that I indeed sounded stupid.

now play slow, you can feel it much better- once you start getting much faster than say, Hysteria, you loose the grooviness in much of music, few bass players can keep it, and I am sadly not one of them.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I dont really play fast, nor can I remember the last time I learnt a full song, but for me I'd say it's Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder, and I play it sloppily at best.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I don't like to play "fast" for long periods of time
(I still can't even get Stockholm Syndrome without getting tired
(well, unless I use a pick))

as for "hardest"? I'm not sure. I find songs that I can't play to be hard
ones that I can play aren't that hard anymore.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Page 1 of 2