so i go to school with this group of "metalheads". they like lamb of god, five finger death punch, avenged sevenfold, atreyu etc. one of them i used to be in a band with and he listens to all the kids in the metalhead group. he plays guitar but is not really very good. he has a hard time with power chords. all he wants to do is get jackson and schecter guitars. i tell him to buy epiphones and ibanez and he doesnt listen. so how do i tell him not to get those
Last edited by famous1234 at Jan 16, 2009,
so what's wrong with jackson guitars? imo they're better than ibanez and epiphones.
it's all about taste.

but, let him waste his money (yeah, waste because if he's not good and wants good guitars they won't make him better).
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
well im just trying to save him money and make him realize hes not that good yet. i personally have played and love both of those brands of guitars
i find Jackson gets me my favourite tone, where Ibanez just doesnt work for me, its all about the tonal preference, but, if he cant play for crap, tell him to get an Encore and STFU
Quote by famous1234
well im just trying to save him money and make him realize hes not that good yet. i personally have played and love both of those brands of guitars

So what if he wants a higher end guitar. Let him do as he pleases.

After he gets one, sneak into his house, murder his family, tie him to the bed and steal it.
are you f*cking kidding me jackson is the shredding master, ibanez are nice but jackson are top notch. and plus its his choice dude, lay off him
Butcher
if he wants it then why not

im not a shredder but il be getting 2 schecter guitars, i know punk bands that use schecters

its all about taste
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
why do you care what he gets?
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
leave him alone, let him do what he wants, he's his own person, and what he buy does not effect you. and since when is a epi bettter for a guy who wants to play that kind of music? no matter the skill level, if you play metal you get a brand suited for said genre.
I love these threads so much, they make UG worthwhile.

'mai frnd SUCKS @ gitar nd hi smom bought him lyk 3 guitars nd im lyk wttf!'

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by famous1234

Wat?
wut
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

I still don't understand how the first 3 sentences in Famous' post have any relevance to this thread.
Capitalization in paragraphs longer then 4 sentences is necessary, especially ones with so many chances for compound sentences.