This is just a random rant:

I hate heavy songs that have the whiney emo lyrics/singing in the chorus, it drives me insane how common it is and completely destroys the mood and heaviness.

I'm not opposed to sung vocals at all, bands like Million Dead, The Fall of Troy make a good job of it by going from the screams to gravelled sung vocals while retaining the heaviness - but it's the 'croony' sustained-whine stuff:

All That Remains - Whispers

The chorus is horrible, argghhghgh. Is this how most metalcore bands do this? I've never really tried much metalcore, but it's just blah.

Anyone think this way? It destroys the heavy nature!

Oh and on the side note, how awesome are the pinched harmonics in this song :p
nope. that whole song sucked as does the genre. they put the "melody" in there b/c that's what music is - melody.

not noise.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I agree except bat country by A7X does keep it heavy and melodic, so does slipknot
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
Welcome to metalcore.

Don't stay long, it'll kill you.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Melodic Death Metal. Google it.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by fastlanestoner
nope. that whole song sucked as does the genre. they put the "melody" in there b/c that's what music is - melody.

Wrong, melody is only a very small part of music. I would personally place rhythm far higher on the hierarchy of importance in music than melody.
i hate it when heavy songs are heavy from start to end with no melody gives you a headache fast but that has nothing to do with what you said
Thats because those bands are not representive of metal. Bands like A7X, BFMV, Slipknot and emo-screamo like that band you posted try to be "broootlz" to appeal to young kids who like acting like rebels, and stick enough pop influence and melody to remain commercialy viable. It is very trendy, commercial music.

Heres some real metal. No trends, no pop melody, no gimmicks, no screaming, no whining, no emo lyrics-just %100 metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5npSPxyqXB8