Hey im running an Epiphone les Paul with a dimarzio superdistortion on bridge of course
and i use Digitech500 and Crate V33 212 tube.
i know its hard to find a tone.

1.When using a Muti E pedal one should set all the eq settings on the amp. in this case mine all to 5 right?including the presence(its just a button)? then do the eq through the pedal board.?

2.gain sound a bit weak like sound dull with amp models on the pedal(is it supposed to be like that?). example the JCM200 with a British 4x12. i always end up adding a ts9 to it to get more gain.then sometimes it sounds to Hissy. so how do you know if its the right gain lvl for rock in general. not metal(i pretty much got that tone down with my MT2) i really dont have specific style of music i play.i can play anything but i am looking for that "mainstream rock sound tone"(fall out boy,incubus,change of pace,etc).its interesting.

Thank you.
heres just a suggestion, if the amp has an effects loop, and your not using the amp's distortion or anything, your only using the digitech, then what do is : guitar into digitech input, digitech output into FX return on amp. it bypasses the amp's preamp section, and that way the amp doesnt change the sound of the amp models
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
so in other words what would that do? sorry im still knew to this muti effect and amp thing.?what about the eq settings?
ill try and make this simple
your guitar goes through 2 sections of an amp (not including the speaker)
first, is the preamp. its where your signal gets a lot of its tone, such as preamp distortion (the kind you get when your using the distortion channel on the amp), EQ, effects if the amp has any, etc... the output of a preamp is a line level signal, meaning the same level as the output of an mp3 player or input of a stereo system etc... another example of a preamp would be a multi effects processor, since the output of one is line level.
second, is the poweramp. it amplifies the sound from a line level to a very loud signal. it doesnt color the tone too much depending on the amp.

the FX send is an output from the preamp, and the FX return is an input that goes straight to the poweramp. knowing this, what you can do is:

guitar -> digitech input digitech output -> FX return. your sound goes straight to the power amp section, and so the tone doesnt get very affected by the tone of the preamp, so if your not using any distortion from the amp, and you want tone purely from the digitech, i recommend trying it out
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
wow...awesome explaination i understand now. but what about the eq settings on the amp?or would it not affect the sound if i go through the effect loop?

what about gain?how do you know if its too much gain for a alternative rock,punk,emo rock sound lol? any ideas?
It doesn't matter if you run straight through to the power amp. Just compare it to the tones you want and base the gain amount on that. I personally don't see why you want that tone but to each their own.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
so what goes into the amp input (like where you would plug your guitar straight into)???!
Oh Hey look at my signature
Quote by BlackDog55
so what goes into the amp input (like where you would plug your guitar straight into)???!

well, i dont think anything would have to
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand