I've spent countless hours/years putting together my ultimate bass gas list and now I'm switching to guitar. I haven't done much research for my guitar gas list yet, so any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm into psychedelic rock, blues, reggae, jazz, funk, jam, etc. I plan to sell my bass rig which should get me a good guitar and amp, and I'll add the pedals one at time later. Here is what I got so far.

-G&L Legacy
or
-G&L Tribute Legacy
-Jimmie Vaughn MIM Strat

-Peavey Classic 30 amp w/ upgraded speaker and tubes.

-Analogman Sunface -germanium w/ Sun dial
-Analogman Chorus
-Analogman Ibanez TS-9/808
-Prescription Electronics Vibe-Unit
-Fox Rox Octron II
-Subdecay Quasar
-Wilson Effects Wah pedal
-Stomping grounds pedalboard

On a side note I would also like to eventually put some "JM Rolph" vintage strat pups in my guitar and I'm wondering if those guitars are compatible. Do regular strat single coils go in a G&L Legacy? Would the different wiring setup in a Jimmie Vaughn Strat prevent me from putting regular single coils in it? Would it need to be completely rewired? Thanks for any help....
Quit planning and start doing. Don't sell your bass rig to get a guitar. That'd be foolish. For all you know, you'll decide you don't like guitar and want to play bass again. I'd say start with a beginner instrument (maybe a Squier), then develop your tastes and, more importantly, your ear, before deciding what you want.
Why sell the bass gear? Play both, it might be more costly but you will have 2 instruments under your hand and that's a good thing when looking for a band or filling in for someone.
In regards to the pickups...they'll certainly work just fine. The most you'll have to do is change pots or a pickguard.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
yeah you shouldn't sell your bass rig, it would be really good to hold on to it, you would have more options for playing and writing music
Maybe I should include a little more info. I've been playing guitar on my own for 15 years. I've been playing bass in a serious band for 10 years. I am switching to guitar because playing bass has been giving me terrible tendonitis and recurring ganglion cysts. Guitar is not as rough on my wrist. I have always been a better guitar player than a bass player anyway and that is where my true passion lies. I have also been replaced by a phenomenal bass player and I have no plans to play bass in a band ever again. I consider myself an advanced amateur or borderline pro level player. I have played many top dollar guitars and rigs over the years and I went to school for recording engineering. Anyway, I am a serious player and I've got a good idea of what I want to hear. This list is what I've come up with after a few hours of browsing and I'm just looking for some feedback. thanks...
Okay, so what's your budget? I think you can do better than a classic 30, although it's a solid amp.

Don't judge me.
Quote by pwrmax
Why sell the bass gear? Play both, it might be more costly but you will have 2 instruments under your hand and that's a good thing when looking for a band or filling in for someone.

I'd love to be able to do that, but It could take me months to save enough money. I need to jam now. I am considering keeping my bass so I'll have something to record bass tracks with in my home pro tools studio, but I couldn't afford a USA G&L then, which is what I really want. That is why I am considering a Tribute Legacy or MIM strat.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Okay, so what's your budget? I think you can do better than a classic 30, although it's a solid amp.

I'll have about a grand, maybe more, for a guitar and amp. There is a Classic 30 for sale here for 300 bucks. I have played them before and I liked it. That would leave me 700 for a G&L Legacy. My first choice would be a 50 watt Savage Audio, but those are 2,500 and up. I figure a classic 30 with a 12" celestion and maybe some sovteks would do me fine, but if you've got another suggestion I'm all ears.
Quote by theoreticmusic
In regards to the pickups...they'll certainly work just fine. The most you'll have to do is change pots or a pickguard.

Cool, that's what I figured. Just wanted to be sure though.
The tone comes more from the amp than the guitar, so unless you really have to have the legacy, I'd save money for an amp by getting an MIM strat.

With that, I'd either go for the C30 and immediately mod it, or get a Blues Junior or Hot Rod Deluxe.

EDIT: Oh, and use the edit button when you want to add something to your posts...keeps you out of trouble.

Don't judge me.
Well, I have considered a Fender Blues Deluxe, I like how they sound, but my guitar player had one and it was breaking down all the time. In fact I've seen a lot Fender amps with issues. I have heard the Peavey is more reliable. I don't care for the speaker or stock tubes but that can be upgraded. I have also looked at a vox ac30 but it's too spendy and too bright for my tastes. My personal feeling is that the guitar is the most important piece followed by the amp.
The guitar is really not the most important piece. If you buy a solid, decent guitar, a good amp will make it sound good.

Don't judge me.
Plenty, if you'll go used.

Don't judge me.
I suppose that was a dumb comment, considering you're looking at a used C30. Where do you live?

Don't judge me.
I gotta run and go watch my old band play without me. Thanks for the info. I'll be back tomorrow looking for more...