I've been doing this frequently lately and it sounds pretty cool when done right, but I was wondering if it would cause any damage to the amp. Can anyone help me out here?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
No. Never. Not in a million years.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
If it's a tube amp and the pedal's good for boosting then it can work. What's the gear?
It doesn't matter if it's a tube amp. If it's a working overdrive pedal it won't damage the amp, regardless if it's ss or tube.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Gear's in the sig....the question's about damage....and there will be none, as previously stated.
Tone and desirable results are completely different matters.

Don't judge me.
Quote by pwrmax
If it's a tube amp and the pedal's good for boosting then it can work. What's the gear?

TS-9 + Valvetronix

Sounds like I should be okay, just wasn't sure if using too much gain on both the amp and pedal would be damaging or not.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
dont lots of people do this with like tubescreamers and such to get a nicer mid range?
nope
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by octopig
dont lots of people do this with like tubescreamers and such to get a nicer mid range?

TS-9's have an interesting mid hump...but yes. With the distortion on your amp where you want it, you just turn your drive all the way down and your level all the way up on the overdrive pedal. Alot of metal players do it.

Don't judge me.
TS-9's actually my first pick as a boosting pedal, it should be alright but start with low gain and work up.