Hey hey. Back for another round, it's been awhile. This is my absolute newest, just finished it today.

Sorry for the obscure genre listings in the title..i hate labeling the music. since i forget this is UG...this oughta do:

ITS NOT METAL.

Not dissin on metal, but a lot of people like to write metal and metal-esque songs. just gets old..

anyways! hope you like this one, i have a bunch of other ones too if this doesnt suit your fancy. god that sounded gay. this is my first song with a piano in it, so dont be too harsh on left and right hand stuff. Thanks in advance!

C4C AS ALWAYS!

UPDATE: 1/20/09 Attaching updated/revised edition of Skeptic. Minor fixes (cleaned up some tied notes, fixed a few dissonant notes, cleaned up mix table repetitions, mixed instrument volumes, etc) Added rest of piano, as i only had it up to the bridge. Added some effects..just overall added to the cleanliness and listening pleasure. feel free to check out the score info muahaha....
Attachments:
F#mSkeptic.zip
F#mSkepticNEW.zip
-Epi LP Ultra
-Mashall MG100HDFX half-stack
-Tama Imperialstar
-Epi "Hater-Slayer"
-Fender Ultimate Chorus
-Fender US Strat
-'51 Fender Pro-Amp Model 5A5 TV Front (sexy beast)
-Wechter Pathfinder A/E
-Washburn D-10SB
Last edited by ApolloTSI at Jan 20, 2009,
dude, i really enjoyed this.

it sounds so awesome.

really relaxing.

i dont think you should change it over to distortion

keep it clean the whole time

thats just my opinion though

do you have lyrics for this?

if not, it would be a great instrumental

very good piece man

9.5/10
hey thanks a lot man. btw, did u ever check out my cover of seven years on my profile? i know i commented on yours but i cant remember if you ever checked mine out.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback and yeah...at first this was meant to be strictly instrumental. I dont know tho, it does flow well enough for lyrics but i suck at developing melodies.

ninja kitty, do you have anything for me to crit? ill gladly go C4C.
-Epi LP Ultra
-Tama Imperialstar
-Epi "Hater-Slayer"
-Fender Ultimate Chorus
-Fender US Strat
-Wechter Pathfinder A/E
-Washburn D-10SB
Quote by ApolloTSI
hey thanks a lot man. btw, did u ever check out my cover of seven years on my profile? i know i commented on yours but i cant remember if you ever checked mine out.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback and yeah...at first this was meant to be strictly instrumental. I dont know tho, it does flow well enough for lyrics but i suck at developing melodies.

ninja kitty, do you have anything for me to crit? ill gladly go C4C.

yeah i did. i should comment it. one of these days i will

yeah, i think it could go both ways. whichever you want

and yes, if you look at my latest thread "pop punk!!1"

i dont feel like searching for the link.

it should be on the first or second page.
The main theme (or w/e) is brilliant. I like the variations in the drums, simple but very effective.

The interlude around 2:10 (listening to MIDI, haven't got GP on this comp) sounds a bit weird with the bass slides, though I might be missing out on something due to MIDI.

I think the next break (2:50) could use something indicating it's going to continue. Just something very small before the bass comes in.

All I could think of. I really, really like the song as a whole. Got a very artistic feel to it.

Damn, that crit turned out short. Oh well, if you feel like C4C, I could use some opinions on Rainfall, link in my sig.
hey hey! just updated a newer, more improved, built for sexual manifest, take a rip off your biggest bong version of Skeptic. Its posted above for your viewing/listening pleasure. KILL WHITEY
-Epi LP Ultra
-Tama Imperialstar
-Epi "Hater-Slayer"
-Fender Ultimate Chorus
-Fender US Strat
-Wechter Pathfinder A/E
-Washburn D-10SB
Really good! I found myself picking up my guitar and soloing over it at one point

I really like how you've developed the melodies in the clean part.

I think the distortion does add something to it, it lets the song go on a bit longer than it otherwise could. But I do think that when you switch to the distortion, some of the early guitar parts could be improved a bit. They improve as you go through the song.

And it was definitely nice to hear something other than metal on here.
Simply, amazing. Nothing more to say about it, but for ****s and giggles

Intro- very cool, very mellow, sets the tone for the entire song. 10/10

verses- Again very mellow and moody, i like it very much, flows well with the intro. 10/10

choruses- I tend to repeat myself with such musical brilliance as this, moody, mellow, flows well with the parts its connected to. 10/10

the bridge- i liked this but the chord parts sound ska, and imo, didn't really fit well. still, brilliant leads here as well as everywhere else. 8.5/10

solo, very, very nice. It was well written and flowed with the mood of the song and kept a mellow tone. and the outro ends the song very well.

deffinitely a stoner feel, if you kept it on repeat and it when on forever, i'd blaze up just listen to it and pass the hours by. very nice song, very moody and ever flowing. very good. 9.5/10. crit mine. the ones in my sig and i'll crit the rest of yours
I really like this... I like it so much that I don't know where to start.

The main lick that you play sounds great, like something a piano would play. I guess because of the wide interval stretch.

<- Captain Obvious

Though, in bar 4, the lead guitar comes in over the sextuplet lick and sounds a little congested. Not sure if that was the intention or not. The bend in bar 25 also sounds a little funny.

The lead guitar work is also pretty awesome. Real funky. Bar 57 really stands out to me, I think it sounds great. Reminds me a little bit of Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson. The gap is also pretty well done, I think. The main lick comes back after being gone for while, it's pretty pleasing to the ear.

I didn't think that a distorted solo would mesh well with the song, but I was surprised with how you brought it in. I thought that it worked pretty well. It was also really nice hearing the bend up to D in bar 75 after the dissonant-ish bend in bar 71.

Also, the part that starts around bar 95 sounds familiar to me for some reason. I'm not sure why, and I can't place it. Sounds great though. Almost the exact opposite of how the song started.

All in all, I thought it was pretty ****ing awesome. I give it a 9/10. My favorite part was the chorus. It was really catchy. The only things that I didn't like were the things I mentioned earlier: just bar 4 and bar 25. I really like this kind of music and haven't really heard it before. If you could recommend anyone that plays music like this, I'd be grateful. Also if you ever record this, I'd love an mp3.

Also, this was my first crit. If I did it badly, I apologize!