Started a band a couple months ago, and we just got our first gig. Our only problem is that our singer doesn't have any form of amplification. The drummer and I have decided to split the cost and give it to her as a gift, but have no idea what to get. I'm completely clueless on anything outside of guitar amplification, so I'm relying on you UG. I need a mic and amp (I've heard keyboard amps are a cheap alternative) that can compete with a drum set, and we're looking to spend as little as possible without the rig sounding like ****. So what am I looking for?
Thanks
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
look at phonic PA systems.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you need pa speakers, a small mixer and a mic
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
+1, you should be looking at packages like those
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
^they are buying a gift for the singer.

trust me, they can spend less than half the budget on the mic.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

pg58 is a good cheap alternative to the sm58...50 bucks, comes with mic clip and cable
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
ok. the guy wants to use a keyboard amp at a small gig.

how about you pay his bills.

most of those pa sets come with a mic. you use that and then let her save up for whatever she wants.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62