top notch, they basically ripped off gearbox software wise. last time i check no latency lag.
Last edited by kckyle at Jan 16, 2009,
top notch, ]b
they basically ripped off gearbox software wise. last time i check no latency lag.Hardly, due to it (pod farm) being made by Line6 and far superior. Pod farm is awesome but it can require a fair bit of processing power, it's a pretty powerful modeller. It's way better than Gearbox. I'd put it above Guitar Rig 3 because tone is better, there's less noise and it's much more compatible with recording programs.

Models are awesome. I can seriously get some brilliantly accurate bedroom JTM45, Fendery clean and high-gain tones with my version (Toneport GX, basically the Pod Studio GX before it was rebranded, exact same hardware and software). FX are pretty brilliant too.

And Line6 uses some fancy latency system that means you get pretty much 0 latency.

Get it. Or not. Depends what you need it for. If you're only gonna play guitar or bass with the standard 1/4" jack then the GX is all you need. It can even handle vocals very adequately providing you have the right adapters., you can get pretty professional results The UX1 has a few more features for fancier studio setups and the UX2 has even more inputs and stuff and is basically studio level, but you pay the price quite literally. The sound quality's the same across all ranges, but you get extra recording software with the bigger models. For most situations i'd get the GX though unless you're a big-time techie...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Last edited by MrCarrot at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by kckyle
top notch, they basically ripped off gearbox software wise. last time i check no latency lag.

How can they rip off Gearbox when they're the ones that made Gearbox?

POD Farm is awesome, the only complaint I have is the presets. When you save your own, it doesn't save them into an easily accessed drop-down menu on POD Farm like it does with Gearbox.

I'm still tweaking POD Farm to get two guitar amps to sound their best together, but it's definitely an improvement. I currently have a bass preset that sounds HUGE, pretty sweet
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com