i downloaded the song a couple of years ago, it said it was a rare lennon song the lyrics for the chorus went something like

wake up wake up
i was only sleeping
living in a dream
or so it seems

wake up wake up

i've searched for it but can't find anything. that would be awesome if someone knew what it was
Quote by greennblue10
It might actually be a Beatles song - I"m Only Sleeping

not i'm only sleeping, because if i remember it was before he met yoko, and he was singing to yoko
I'm Only Sleeping?

That's a Beatles tune.

Try your question in the Beatles Chat thread.

EDIT: Try listening to I'm Only Sleeping. There's a good chance that's it, and even if you haven't heard it before, it's a GREAT tune. I Googled those lyrics and the first 3 results were that song.

Also, it's not rare at all .
Last edited by metalfan#3 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by metalfan#3
I'm Only Sleeping?

That's a Beatles tune.

Try your question in the Beatles Chat thread.

EDIT: Try listening to I'm Only Sleeping. There's a good chance that's it, and even if you haven't heard it before, it's a GREAT tune. I Googled those lyrics and the first 3 results were that song.

Also, it's not rare at all .

definately not "i'm only sleeping" i'm a beatlemaniac, and i know the difference between that song and i'm only sleeping, because some of the lyrics were wake up yoko or something close to that
Quote by johnwolennon
definately not "i'm only sleeping" i'm a beatlemaniac, and i know the difference between that song and i'm only sleeping, because some of the lyrics were wake up yoko or something close to that

Could be one of the songs from the later solo years, perhaps from Double Fantasy. I haven't listened to John's solo stuff for a while.