I'm in a new band, we get paid gigs so I thought about geting a new guitar and I've come to ask UG about my choice.

I have no idea what to get, I was thinking a semihollow since I've played some and I think they sound and feel awesome but I don't know if I should buy one since they're not meant for gain (Not that I'm using that much). I need a light crunch and good cleans. What do you recommend me?
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
if you want a semi hollow I would suggest an epiphone dot or sheraton.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
if you want a semi hollow I would suggest an epiphone dot or sheraton.

i agree, they're quite versatile
Ibanez Artcore AS103 Custom. Semi hollow, smaller body, so high gain will be a SLIGHTLY smaller problem.

That, plus it rocks.
Budget?
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Something with P90's or Humbuckers.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I like the Ibanez artcores, I think they're great for punk and our quite versatile.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Well if you've ever listened to The Strokes, Nick Valensi has a good tone with light gain and he has a sig Epi. You may want to look at that.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by wolfy808
Something with P90's or Humbuckers.

Les paul bfg is pretty sweet if you like that setup. I played one and it has the p 90 in the neck and burstbucker in the bridge.
Perhaps one of the PRS semi-hollows?

EDIT: Here
Strats & Seagulls
Last edited by xxBR34KD0WN at Jan 17, 2009,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I own a Dot Studio and i play stuff from pop punk to hardcore. It doesnt handle metal really well but you can expect that. If your using a lot of gain expect lots of feed back. I actually like that. But its really up to you