From what I can gather, frets that are bent to a tighter radius than the neck, and then inserted? Is that it?
I assume it keeps them tighter to the board than straight ones, correct? Also, is it the same thing as filing down the edges, or... I only ask because I think my MIM doesn't have rolled frets, but my friends American technically does I belive, right? When playing them, the frets felt the same. The difference is in how they rub against the base of your fingers when sliding up and down, correct?
Thanks much.
Hold on, I think I have a picture.
EDIT: I think this is it, but I'm not quite sure. I'm not sure how you get them like it, but I assume you just file them down and then crown and polish them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Jan 16, 2009,
Bump:
Anything else? I can't seem to figure out what makes them better/different than properly filed frets.
Thanks much.
They're basically just smoother and allow you're hand to move more comfortably. I think ibanezrules.com has some info somewhere on the site.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
They're basically just smoother and allow you're hand to move more comfortably. I think ibanezrules.com has some info somewhere on the site.

Ok, that's kinda what I was figuring, but some people make a big deal out of them... The ones on my MIM aren't rolled per my knowledge, but feel great. Maybe I just got lucky with the finisher on mine. Thanks much.
I don't see why they make such a big deal out of them either. The feel is slightly better but not too much. It does look extremely nice though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT