searchbar didnt show anything.
I'm wondering if the whole "metal" shaped guitars etc. will last. if you take a look back at a lot of older model guitars that just look weird to us now like these

and i wonder if in thirty or fourty years we look back and remember all of the rhoads v-shapes, and all of the bc riches and esp's and what have you and realize that they arent as cool as we thought. there's probably going to be guitars that survive like fender and gibson have. i guess a majority of modern guitars are just fads. I personally dont like the excessively pointy guitars, but to each his own.
also, what do you think will be the iconic guitar of our generation, and what do you think will be forgotten?
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
If things end up looking like Steinbergers, I'll play the tuba.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
you mean like ALL of michael angelo batio's guitars?
EDIT: in the OP's post, is that a danelectro?

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
Last edited by david9d5 at Jan 16, 2009,
Personally, I think the telecaster is a really weird shape, if you actually think about it.
Those guitars don't look weird. They look pretty normal to me. I see les paul shapes, strat shapes, jaguar/jazzmaster shapes, and rickenbacker shapes. The dimensions are just a little different. If anything, the only thing strange about them is the pickups
are all of those guitars Dano's? because yeh Danelectro made a few trippy body designs.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by -Collapse-
Personally, I think the telecaster is a really weird shape, if you actually think about it.

yeah, and firebirds

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
Quote by -Collapse-

i agree. i prefer the strats and the mustang/ jazzmasters shape more, the tele just looks disproportionate to me

EDIT: i dont personally think those guitars i posted looked too weird, but i know a lot of people would consider them weird if a company like jackson or dean put out a guitar shaped like a jazzmaster.
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Last edited by gnaraaron at Jan 16, 2009,
Also, I'd like to point out that BC Rich had a lot of the same shapes in the 80's...so you can't really say they're fully recent.
Quote by -Collapse-

Agreed, they're great guitars but after looking at one for a while a few weeks ago I realized how strange the design actually is. It kind of bugs me now.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by -Collapse-
Also, I'd like to point out that BC Rich had a lot of the same shapes in the 80's...so you can't really say they're fully recent.

true, it was just one of the first to come to mind. i've actually heard good things about they're higher range guitars, their shapes just arent my cup of tea though.
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by gnaraaron
true, it was just one of the first to come to mind. i've actually heard good things about they're higher range guitars, their shapes just arent my cup of tea though.

Yeah, I recently moved to having a more folk taste in music (although I still enjoy my metal) and with that change in taste, I'd say I probably wouldn't go for the pointy shape again, but I still love the way my BC rich plays.

I wish people woulnd't judge BC Rich fully on their style, because at the end of the day, if you cut all the points off, it still plays just as well.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Jan 16, 2009,
Thing is, those are all models that never became particularly popular. Things like the Rhoads V and B.C. Rich designs all have a foothold on the market. They may lose their popularity, but they won't seem like strange artifacts like those guitars do.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by -Collapse-

I wish people woulnd't judge BC Rich fully on their style, because at the end of the day, if you cut all the points off, it still plays just as well.

true again, but i guess theres that aesthetic aspect of a guitar that connects with you and really stands out. everybody has they're own taste, but i also like when people can take a guitar that you wouldnt really consider playing a certain genre with, and doing it anyways. like playing shred with a hollow body or blues with an esp, it's all subjective
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by -Collapse-

Tele's have always been weird.
I like teles!

Anyway, yeah, I think that designs die out and come back a lot with guitars.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by gnaraaron
true again, but i guess theres that aesthetic aspect of a guitar that connects with you and really stands out. everybody has they're own taste, but i also like when people can take a guitar that you wouldnt really consider playing a certain genre with, and doing it anyways. like playing shred with a hollow body or blues with an esp, it's all subjective

Yeah, with my lack of funding for a new guitar, (since I just bought an amp, and the money I have is for an acoustic), I've been playing blues, folk, and finger-picking on my BC Rich, and if I recorded it, you'd never know what I had in my hands.
i say guitars wont last much longer everyone is into rap and all the other pathetic excuses of what is considerd music
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Quote by Supersonic64
i say guitars wont last much longer everyone is into rap and all the other pathetic excuses of what is considerd music

i dont think guitar could ever die out. that's what this whole thread is about, fads in guitar playing that dissolved, and despite them all, people are still playing the guitar one way or the other.
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )