I've noticed about 5-6 mistakes, some noticable, some not. Critique?

EDIT: It's a half step down. I know it doesn't match the record, but I didn't think it mattered a ton.. ha, it's just hard to play with 12's on

here it is
meh
Last edited by get ta led out! at Jan 17, 2009,
Hey thanks for the crit man. Pretty good man, I play the main riff a bit different though, instead of the conventional D major where you fret the F sharp note (2nd fret of the E string) on the high E string, I fret it at the low E string and mute the A string. It gives it bit of a different sound cos you hit the low string. But I 'm not sure of the way Malcolm or Angus play it though. You may need to clean up the solo a bit, practice it at half speed (or even lower) and go on from there. And i think your guitar went out of tune in the middle or you just hit a few bad notes. Overall...it was good man and the guitar looks awesome in that lighting!
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Thanks for the crit, first of all i thought your tuning was out quite a lot, not individual strings, but your whole six strings were a lot lower pitch compared to the original. Your tone also was was a bit too crunchy when compared to anguses tone, which i guess is a matter of preference however. Your solo was good, but still marred by the tuning issue. Would love to hear again with tuning fixed cos i feel it would totally transform the performance. Good guitaring, bad tuning.
Quote by audiorapist
Thanks for the crit, first of all i thought your tuning was out quite a lot, not individual strings, but your whole six strings were a lot lower pitch compared to the original. Your tone also was was a bit too crunchy when compared to anguses tone, which i guess is a matter of preference however. Your solo was good, but still marred by the tuning issue. Would love to hear again with tuning fixed cos i feel it would totally transform the performance. Good guitaring, bad tuning.

Well, it is a half step down.. that's why it sound tuned wierd.
meh
Turn down your treble a little bit, turn up the mids a small bit, and turn down your gain 1 or 2, and CRANK THAT BITCH.
Then you've got a great tone going.
Very nice job though.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
thanks for the crit dude. The tone needs work here, but your rhythm and solo playing look good, although i could hear a few notes out somewhere. all in all good cover man.
Quote by jj1565
what type of music do you play?

if you play mostly bees in a box music then go wt the MG
if you play transformers, more than meets the eye, then Spider.

Hey man! Thanks for critting!

I liked your playing, pity I couldn't hear the backing because your guitar kinda drowned it all out... Your playing was good, not many mistakes, although your guitar did sound out of tune. Nothing you can't fix the next time you record, though! Overall, well played, cheers!

Hey, if you want, you can crit my new cover? I just finished and uploaded it:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048829

Cheers!