well ive played about 3 years now playing mostly either rhythm or a mix of metal and kinda scratching the surface of sweeping and theory.

well you can check out the gear in the sig if that matters any.

now my problem, ive never been able to play smoothly, i can play fast and play cleanly fast but when i try to play something slow and smooth like something more bluesy it feels choppy and unconnected.

it came to my attention how bad the problem was when i was working on "the way to heaven" by buckethead and i was playing the lead. i can get the notes and slides accurately but it just feels so choppy.

any help?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
If it feels choppy, try playing legato aka make sure you only stop playing the last note right before you hit the new one aka connect the notes and don't play it staccato (choppy).
i think i understand that.

dont worry, i understand the musical terms though.

5 years of concert band FTW
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Slow down - if you can't play smoothly quickly it means you never learned to play smoothly slowly, and until you address that you're never going to be able to play things at full speed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com