Oh he is going to ****ing ruin the character of spike. I don't mind a film being completely different from the show and the characters being different, but Keaunu cannot play any character that would ever work properly for Spike under any imaginable adaptation.

I bet the film will be chaulk full of ****ty CGI bull**** too.
First a live-action Dragonball movie.. now this?
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by ThePastRecedes
Old, Keanu isn't that bad, not good, but not terrible.

Hes fine sometimes, He is just a type actor and can't do a wide variety of roles well. He'll either play a proper spike poorly, or play some character that just doesn't fit what spike should be in any way shape or form. It's not that he's inherently bad, he's just not cut for the role IMO.
You think the director,writers,producer that are probably greater fans than any of you would make the right choice?
Quote by Gregray88
You think the director,writers,producer that are probably greater fans than any of you would make the right choice?

They aren't necessarily greater fans, just people that saw a good premise and wanted to make their own adaptation of it--make their own mark using a preexisting template. Happens all the time and there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Even if they are great fans, they might want to change things a lot to authoer their own version, again nothing inherently wrong with that.

I just think if their adaptation ignores some of the nuances of Spike's character that I believe Keanu won't quite be able to capture, they'll be missing out on some content that made the show so successful.
Quote by mrcrono
Playing the role of Spike Spiegal will be...

Source

wow i just popped in to see what was up and
THIS IS OLD NEWS
this has been on the web for years
if you didn't know this, then you must just be hearing about the live action movie for the first time.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
Hes fine sometimes, He is just a type actor and can't do a wide variety of roles well. He'll either play a proper spike poorly, or play some character that just doesn't fit what spike should be in any way shape or form. It's not that he's inherently bad, he's just not cut for the role IMO.

Yeah, while he does have the look for the role, I can't see him playing the part very well.

On a side-note A Scanner Darkly was a great movie.
No...Not keanu...Please...This was one of my all time favorite shows. Wow.....
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Spike is cool.

Keanu is... boring.

I'm really not looking forward to this movie at all.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I see what you mean dullsilver, but the point of a movie that re-does a tv series, movie or whatever is to do their own original spin on it so you never know if Keanu will do a good job in their version or not.

EDIT: Keanu did a great job in Hardball, so I have complete confidence in him, its up to the director/producer.
Last edited by Gregray88 at Jan 17, 2009,
By the picture of the character, It seems like Just another movie that has reeves in a white button down and tie smoking a cigarette, again
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
and then what?
Christian Bale is gonna play Roger in the live action BIG-O?
GEAR
Guitars
Yamaha RGS-121
IBANEZ GIO GAX30
Sound
ACQUIRING AMP
Boss ME-6 multi-effects
Boss DS-1

New things are in order.
Quote by Freaky_Styley
By the picture of the character, It seems like Just another movie that has reeves in a white button down and tie smoking a cigarette, again

Nothing like that.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by kai29
wow i just popped in to see what was up and
THIS IS OLD NEWS
this has been on the web for years
if you didn't know this, then you must just be hearing about the live action movie for the first time.

You're completely right. It's absolutely ridiculous that I don't hear about things until the media starts reporting on it.

Quote by Gregray88

EDIT: Keanu did a great job in Hardball, so I have complete confidence in him, its up to the director/producer.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.
Quote by EvilDomo
First a live-action Dragonball movie.. now this?

whatever happened to that anyway, surely they killed that by now?
god i hope so.
awwwww ****...
Quote by Ghanja_Fog
whatever happened to that anyway, surely they killed that by now?
god i hope so.

No its still in production...
Quote by Spike Spiegel
Whatever happens, happens.

We're all older than him, so we should know better.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Sure, while we're at it, lets cast an old lady in a wheelchair as Jet, a chinese man as Faye, Ed is a robot and Ein is a bird.

The Bebop is a submarine, and it's directed by Uwe Boll.

rofl
though i hear that keanu is a big fan of the series, but i doubt that will make much of difference. no matter how much it might suck, ill still be first in line to see it
Quote by TheReverend724
rofl
though i hear that keanu is a big fan of the series, but i doubt that will make much of difference. no matter how much it might suck, ill still be first in line to see it

For sure. I'm doing the same for the Dragonball movie lol.
Quote by amaranth_todd
I say ban all animes. Seriously.

fixed.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Lol, i like you, you're hilarious.

Judging from your avatar, I'm guessing that was sarcasm. In which case, I like you, too.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
No, i really actually laughed out loud at your post, in all honesty, swear to god.

Oh. Well, right on, then.