I'm seventeen, grade twelve and graduating. I have lots of friends, well, i have lots of acquaintances and a few friends. The reason for this is because i don't fit into crowds and cliques. Now, im starting to worry, once i graduate, i wont even have these acquaintances and my friends are going to university, im not. Im kind of scared i wont have a social life or friends even. Now i am not a loser, im a really cool guy actually, and not to be conceited but i have lots going for me but i just dont know whats going to happen after highschool. Where am i going to find a girlfriend, what am i going to do, am i going to turn into some loner. I'm worried. Highschool graduates, please make me feel better.

Edit: I dont always feel like this. Just some days these thoughts get the better of me
Last edited by death_rider at Jan 17, 2009,
It only gets worse.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
you meet a lot of people through work, i've found.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
It truly does only get worse lol.

That's why I joined the Air Force.
SOMETIMES...I pick my nose...and use it as lube...
Quote by death_rider
I'm seventeen, grade twelve and graduating. I have lots of friends, well, i have lots of acquaintances and a few friends. The reason for this is because i don't fit into crowds and cliques. Now, im starting to worry, once i graduate, i wont even have these acquaintances and my friends are going to university, im not. Im kind of scared i wont have a social life or friends even. Now i am not a loser, im a really cool guy actually, and not to be conceited but i have lots going for me but i just dont know whats going to happen after highschool. Where am i going to find a girlfriend, what am i going to do, am i going to turn into some loner. I'm worried. Highschool graduates, please make me feel better.
don't worry, your modesty will earn you plenty of friends
eh, **** works itself out. worrying about it doesn't help a thing. Wow that just made me feel better. You, you're probably screwed though
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
Quote by dio_dude

You know, there is a thing called self confidence, and there is nothing wrong with that. If i said i was a loser, you would PROBABLY call me emo or some variant of that. Im being honest and it was necessary to include that to fully explain the situation. Your post was really unnecessary but thanks for your input.
theres always one thing thats ive known in my life: everything will always find a way of working out. always. stop worrying so much. youll find friends wherever you go or whatever you do. i moved cross country 3 times growing up (in the us that is) and there were always people there willing to be my friend. it may not always be the easiest thing to do, but step outside of your bubble every so often and see whats out there. just dont turn to drugs and booze or anything worthless like that. every person has potential for something great and itll come to you eventually. just stop worrying, take opportunities as they come, and live life as best as you can.

and thats really the only advice i can give. hope i helped some...
Last edited by cpick2014 at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by TGFMusic
It truly does only get worse lol.

That's why I joined the Air Force.

and thats why i'm joining the air force.
I'm kind of worried about that too. I doubt I'll see my friends much when I go to college/university. I have plenty of friends but a lot of them are the kind that I'll hang out with at school but not outside of it.
Quote by skaterskagg1

Holy F uck dude you have the same birthday as me, same year, you play guitar, and are joining the USAF.

F ucking small world.
SOMETIMES...I pick my nose...and use it as lube...
Quote by Tire Me.

BUT YA GOTTA HAVE FRIENDSSS!!!!
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
Quote by dio_dude

sarcasms angers ugly cousin my friend
Don't worry, sir. You'll always have your friends here in the friendly confines of * tries to keep from gagging* The ..Pit!
And, hey! Now that you dont have school to interrupt your day, you can spend twice as much time here!
Quote by TGFMusic
Holy F uck dude you have the same birthday as me, same year, you play guitar, and are joining the USAF.

F ucking small world.

holy **** thats weird. kinda creepy. oh well the air force is the way to go. some guy tried to flame me for joining and i shut him the **** up.
Quote by skaterskagg1

I was gonna join the airforce but I don't fit in any fighter cockpits...
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Don't worry, sir. You'll always have your friends here in the friendly confines of * tries to keep from gagging* The ..Pit!
And, hey! Now that you dont have school to interrupt your day, you can spend twice as much time here!

wow thats depressing
Quote by tona_107
I was gonna join the airforce but I don't fit in any fighter cockpits...

theres tons of other mechanical jobs that don't require flying. and i'm using the signing bonus to get a kickass guitar.
It's not like friends really matter till you go out into the real world and you have to rely on them. Don't sweat it, I'm in the same situation.
Gotta learn to adapt my friend.
Otherwise all you'll ever do is lose.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by skaterskagg1
theres tons of other mechanical jobs that don't require flying. and i'm using the signing bonus to get a kickass guitar.

the whole reason i want to join is to fly... i dont want to fix planes.
i wanted to be an astronaut...too big for that too.