or is it just me? now i realise it will probably make me a better player in the long run. but i just cant stand sitting down and learning to play a song that someone else already made up.
anyone else have any other views?
wrong forum.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
wrong forum try to find one about technuiqe i think that would be the write 1
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
i dont mind playing other peoples songs, but i make my own stuff too, and in my own songs ive inadvertently been putting little snippets of others peoples songs in my own songs, especially the solos.
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
learning other peoples' songs can also give you inspiration to write your own stuff.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
dang i spent a while looking cuz i didnt wanna put this in the wrong forum lol. ok but where would be the best forum and ill move it
I get very frustrated trying to learn other peoples songs from tabs on this site, 'cus for the most they suck. Whether you like playing other peoples songs is a matter of opinion (much like any given topic in music), and for myself I'd say I like to learn from other peoples work because it makes good practice and lets you in on the artists' hidden methods of writing songs, which can fuel your own unique ideas for writing when you want to eventually get into writing.

Even if you don't like learning other peoples music I think it'd be difficult to start learning to play guitar purely on your own ideas and material, yet I could be wrong.
I like to lear/play songs that people wrote.
Usually i open 5 songs and try to play them each a few times.
And the next time i play some other 5 songs.
Its not the best way to learn songs but it's a great way
to practice gutar.
i mean some songs are kinda interesting if u look at the tabs but a lot of songs are just straight up boring to me
中国有个乐队叫做 Beyond 他们的音乐很不错!希望大家听听
I thinking learning other peoples music is good discipline. I learned the "Rain Song" by Zep first by chord charts. Then by tabs. Then by sheet music. Then by watching Jimmy play it on a video. Everytime I went back to learn it I not only got better but I learned new chord positions & picking. I would rather do my own music but learning others music just makes your own better.