Ok, so I have an Ibanez SA160, all standard. There is an add for a reasonable priced Ibanez S520 with Floyed Rose tremelo and also a Ibanez JS100 for the same price (both stock standard, but some other S520s came out with an Edge tremolo, this one uses a Floyd.)

My question, how much better is the S520 and JS100 than my SA160? In terms of what and wich of the 3 is the best guitar. I play everything from blues to melodic metal and everything in between, mostly hard rock.

Thanks
Attachments:
IBZs520.jpg
Well i've played a couple of SA160's and they weren't exactly so great...

i've only ever played a pretty high range js series and it was a beautiful play, but it always seems to ocme out with quite an "ibanez" tone (i.e. not the warmth of an lp or twang of a strat something more calculated). i'd also be a bit worried at going in at the bottom end of a signature range, i always think signatures are over priced for what they deliver, also would rather the middle of the range of a less good range than the rock bottom of a good one.

haven't played a s520 but have heard good things about them, pretty metally looking and sounding i'd imagine, so you're not going to get much blues out of it. probably the one i'd choose out of the 3 though
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
The thing is I've only owned my SA160 for about 6weeks. Nothing wrong with it, I love it. But like I said I can get a good deal on the JS100 and S520. I payd (aproxomately, estimated) $200 for the SA160 used. I can buy the JS100 and the S520(including a case) for $350 both used.
I take it thats the S520 in the pic? Its got a Lo-pro Edge, which is much better than the Edge 3 that comes in JS100s. Its definitely a good guitar and thats a good price too. If I were you I'd get it
Quote by littlephil
I take it thats the S520 in the pic? Its got a Lo-pro Edge, which is much better than the Edge 3 that comes in JS100s. Its definitely a good guitar and thats a good price too. If I were you I'd get it

It is the Ibanez S520. It's a Floyed Rose actually (don't know if it's the same as Lo-pro). I don't think Ibanez make these anymore, I personally like the S-S-H configuration. The new S-series guitars only come in H-H and H-S-H. On the 12th fret there is an inlay that says custom made and the IBZ pickups on it is designed and made by DiMarzio, not by EMG like the newer IBZ pickups.

THe only thing that put doubt in my mind is the age of the guitar. I would imagine it buying atleast 10years old. I'll ask the buyer for the serial and confirm.
Quote by WantzChas
It is the Ibanez S520. It's a Floyed Rose actually (don't know if it's the same as Lo-pro). I don't think Ibanez make these anymore, I personally like the S-S-H configuration. The new S-series guitars only come in H-H and H-S-H. On the 12th fret there is an inlay that says custom made and the IBZ pickups on it is designed and made by DiMarzio, not by EMG like the newer IBZ pickups.

THe only thing that put doubt in my mind is the age of the guitar. I would imagine it buying atleast 10years old. I'll ask the buyer for the serial and confirm.

Its not a Floyd Rose, its an Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge. Its the low profile version of the Original Edge, which was Ibanez's upgraded Floyd Rose.
H-S-S is good, I like the sound of a single coil neck too. It would be a few years old, but as long as it hasnt been treated like shit it will be fine.
i would say the S520ex, the JS is a dissapointment and the SA isnt a very good model
don't get the js100, its trem is not very good. it's a beginner-intermediate guitar with a pro price because of satch's signature (and i say that as a satch fanboy).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?