Im lookin for a Bring Me The Horizon sound and still have a nice rythm sound

i play an ibanez rg420ex and have a kustom dfx 100w amp...(i no there not good for metal core/death metal)

I have been looking at the boss ML-2 and Mt-2 pedals but iv herd people say there amazing and others say they are the worst thing invented so could anyone give me some help.... much appreciated
Budget?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Hi!
Try the MD-2 it can get really muddy but still warm. although it isn't as heavy as i sometime want it to be... but give it a shot..
Also, try out the MetalMuffs Top Boost and Micro... their really good too. =]
Hope I've helped.
um its about 200 it doesnt really matter cause i need it for my band but i dont wanna spend crazy heaps
Quote by willbrahh
Im lookin for a Bring Me The Horizon sound and still have a nice rythm sound

i play an ibanez rg420ex and have a kustom dfx 100w amp...(i no there not good for metal core/death metal)

I have been looking at the boss ML-2 and Mt-2 pedals but iv herd people say there amazing and others say they are the worst thing invented so could anyone give me some help.... much appreciated

If Heavy Rhythms are all your doing the Metal Zone 2 is great but as far as how good it is at capturing your natural tone of your playing on your and your guitar's natural sound and amp sound it sucks. It covers up too much and takes a lot of unessisary effort just to make it jump out of the mix thats why it sucks. It will get you by. it will be the greatest pedal the first you **** with it and then after that it will suck because you'll forever be on a quest to get the damn thing to relate your natural playing. But if you are a rhythm Guitar player in a heavy metal go for the Mt2.

I personally love the Ds-1 and have found a way to get it heavy and very distorted with a Boss GE-7 EQ and it sounds like a JCM 800 Marshall stack but its probably not heavy enough for Your needs. It sounds the most natural of all the Distortion and OD pedals I've tried. My personal opinion after 5 years of using the MT-2 is that the MT-2 is over processed makes your lead sound lifeless! The problem is no matter what pickups and amp you got its just going to sound like the MT-2.

I can't believe I neglected my DS-1 for 5 years trying to get the MT-2 to sound like the DS-1 allready was capable of. Since I rediscovered the DS-1 every recording session is a new journey into the center of my collective creativness. The Less I worry about my tone the more I rip the fk out of the guitar!
2 Jay Turser JT-220 Les Paul Copys W/ Seymore Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pick ups.
2008 Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 100 Watt tube amp
1966 Fender Bandmaster Tube amp with 2 2x12 cabs
Effects- Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay
Last edited by SlashWannabe1 at Jan 17, 2009,
i had the metal muff and i hated it. i tried to replace metalzone with it...but it just didnt compare. u can get hella sounds out of metalzone
Quote by SlashWannabe1
If Heavy Rhythms are all your doing the Metal Zone 2 is great but as far as how good it is at capturing your natural tone of your playing on your and your guitar's natural sound and amp sound it sucks. It covers up too much and takes a lot of unessisary effort just to make it jump out of the mix thats why it sucks. It will get you by. it will be the greatest pedal the first you **** with it and then after that it will suck because you'll forever be on a quest to get the damn thing to relate your natural playing. But if you are a rhythm Guitar player in a heavy metal go for the Mt2.

I personally love the Ds-1 and have found a way to get it heavy and very distorted with a Boss GE-7 EQ and it sounds like a JCM 800 Marshall stack but its probably not heavy enough for Your needs. It sounds the most natural of all the Distortion and OD pedals I've tried. My personal opinion after 5 years of using the MT-2 is that the MT-2 is over processed makes your lead sound lifeless! The problem is no matter what pickups and amp you got its just going to sound like the MT-2.

cool thanks but im lookin for something for lead because im playin lead but i need something that works good for both lead and rythm
^^^ be quiet.

I personally recommend the Metal Muff. I haven't tried it, since I never had a vested interest in distortion pedals, but the sound samples and videos I've heard are quite good for qhat you describe. I figure though that the Damage Control Demonizer is right up your alley. The most expensive option however is just investing in a new amp.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I don't know if this heavy enough for you but here's what my ds-1 sounds like with a boss GE-7 eq.

at 3:10 seconds I do some heavy sounding riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVHaUATiL0
2 Jay Turser JT-220 Les Paul Copys W/ Seymore Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pick ups.
2008 Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 100 Watt tube amp
1966 Fender Bandmaster Tube amp with 2 2x12 cabs
Effects- Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay
yeah its america, where are you from?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
No problem, they're great guys and you can try haggle the price! I got a multi effect from $189 to $130 but i didnt end up buying it.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Personally, I think the ML2 is the best for that genre, it's a great sounding pedal DEPENDING on your amp. Some amps it sounds great (not the most expensive ones... just suits certain clean channels better than others) and some not so much, but still good.

The MT2 is similar, although it's more miss than hit.
I've got the boss OD-20, and mainly use the MT-2 For bands like BMTH, so i'd recommend that, you've gotta set the tone up perfectly though, or it'll sound poop
Schecter Sunset Custom FR
ESP LTD Ex-50
Vox VT50
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Macbook Pro, Alesis GuitarLink, Logic Studio 9
maybe instead of finding a good pedal to cover up a crappy amp you should buy a new amp and use a footswitch to switch channels on the amp

a good mesa will make you sound amazing like maybe a .50 caliber thats what im looking into

if you really want a good hi gain tone just use slight overdrive and crank the volume thats what metallica did in the eighties bc you can hear every cord ring perfectly wich means you cannot play sloppy but it sounds better than using insane amounts of muddy distortion and whenther you scoop your mid freq is all up to you but mid are very amazing if you use them right