whats your current amp?
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
As an upgrade from a $100 squier amp it is good but MGs are terrible any other time.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
^

thats exactly what i did!

it sounds alright with a squire but if you'r only get it for the brand name dont bother

its not a proper marshall
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Try to stay away from the "Marshall" Mg30dfx. Many,many players (on here), and elsewhere, are unhappy with them. Please do not be fooled by the logo on the amp. The mg series, is not a Marshall by any means.
Save up and buy an Orange Tiny Terror 15w amp. You will not be disappointed. Amazing tone.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Forget about the marshall
there are much better amps for even smaller prices

I know it is tempting to get a Marshall, I know I didn't resist, but after you gain some experience you begin to realize how much those amps actually suck. Don't get an MG. Don't get a marshall in that price range for that matter
As I've said before, the MG is just a shiny black paperweight with a Marshall logo glued on with Elmer's glue It's absolute ****.
Quote by ibrahimasood

Try the VT30 instead, which is the newer (and superior) version.

Also, Marshall just released some new MGs, so the MG30DFX amps aren't as new as you think. The jury's still out on how they sound, though. I wouldn't recommend you get an MG regardless (I've owned the 15 watt model).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Theres much better amps for the price, I second the Vox VT30
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by dgme92
Save up and buy an Orange Tiny Terror 15w amp. You will not be disappointed. Amazing tone.

I agree. Look into Vox ADxxVT (Or the ADxxVTXL for metal) Or the VTxx. Maybe even the Peavey Vypyrs or the Roland Cubes.

I wouldn't really call the MGs, AVTs or the Mode 4 proper Marshalls. Also, avoid the Line 6 Spider.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by dgme92

The TT isn't a good practice amp for someone in the beginning stages of guitar. Its versatility is limited unless you can truly plumb the depths of dynamics with your playing. The Vox recommended and the Peavey Vypyr are both good, versatile practice amps.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
If hes talking about the NEW MG series then you guys shouldn't be calling it terrible just yet considering it's way different then the old MG series.
I leik music
Quote by darrenjables
I wouldn't really call the MGs, AVTs or the Mode 4 proper Marshalls. Also, avoid the Line 6 Spider.

Well, the MG is a Park amp made in India and the AVT is a Marshall amp made in England. So, I'd say you're wrong.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by wheatmore
whats your current amp?

My current amp is a marshall mg15cd
hahahahahahahaha
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Obvious troll is obvious
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
he might be talking about the new version of the MG, which i sincerely hope is actually decent this time..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.