I’ve recently started learning a lot music by people such as Gilbert, Satriani and Vai - things that feature a lot of heavy string bending. I’ve noticed that the tips of my fingers really hurt when doing bends, if I’ve been practicing for more than about two hours.

I was just wondering, is this one of those things where eventually the tips will get used to the abuse? Or is this a bit of a problem…
You will get used to it. If it REALLY kills your fingers you might consider taking more breaks, or lighter strings.

I use .12s (A)
Bending those really kills you, actually, playing them kills you, but it makes you SO much better.
Ah good, that's a relief.

In that case I shall continue to kill myself doing 1.5 tone bends.
Quote by Tomaz24
Ah good, that's a relief.

In that case I shall continue to kill myself doing 1.5 tone bends.

Good. It takes a while to get the bends right with the perfect amount of Vibrato. A bend without Vibrato is really bad.
Quote by LordPino
Good. It takes a while to get the bends right with the perfect amount of Vibrato. A bend without Vibrato is really bad.

Not always, in some situations, no vibrato at all could make so much more difference than no vibrato at all, an experienced player knows how to adapt their vibrato to anything and sometimes they won't use it for a bend because they have something else planned for later with epic vibrato.