After much debate with family and friends, a question of huge importance arose, who'd win in a fight between a shark and a gorilla? We assume the shark and gorilla have no environmental advantage or disadvantage. The shark is as mobile as it would be in water, on land for arguements sake. I will get a poll up as soon as i figure out how. Please give reasons and or facts with your decision.

Edit: how do i setup a poll?
Last edited by country_juggler at Jan 17, 2009,
Gorilla. The shark can bite on and do some pretty serious damage, but it has no way to stop he Gorilla just pounding it's head in while it is biting.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Shark has the more powerful jaws, so if the gorilla got caught with those it'd be dead. However, gorillas do have amazing upper body strength, so if the gorilla got hold of the sharks neck, who knows. However, sharks have overall quite string muscles, so they might wriggle free.

Let's put it to the test see. TO THE ZOO/AQUARIUM!
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Shark. 'cause well if it's on land then it has to be a landshark.. the gorilla is of course ****ed if that's the case.

and if it's in the water well, sharks obviously own in the water.
Quote by Blackening
in water: shark
on land: gorilla
in the pit: you lose because you opened a "vs" thread

Quote by KlassikMetal666
^^But sharks have no neck which would mean technically you can't put them in a headlock.

Two of the stupidest comments I've read all day.
Depends. My first reaction was shark, but if the shark bit somewhere other than it's arms or legs, the gorilla could do some serious damage. I'm still going to have to go with shark though due to it's agility and speed. As well as those massive teeth.
there's no way a gorilla could beat a shark, regardless of the situation. You see the gruesome wounds people have gotten from sharks? Most of those aren't even genuine shark attacks; the sharks were simply testing if the people would be good to eat or not. If you throw a shark and a gorilla into a fight with both of them rearing to go, there's no contest.
Quote by lceman13
Two of the stupidest comments I've read all day.

Why so? since it has no neck it would just slide off, well atleast in the water, maybe.. Now I kind of think what I said was stupid as well.. sigh.

edit: to be fair to me, It is 4:38 AM, and I'm dreadfully tired.
Last edited by KlassikMetal666 at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by Rambo-Conny
The shark, obviously.

Video evidence:

Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
Quote by Hp312
Chuck Norris

Damn, I must have stepped into my time machine again!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
im not going to give a serious answer to a non serious question.

*turns up nose and walks out the door*
yo.

I BELIEVE
gorilla.. sharks jaws actually aren't very powerful. plus gorillas are smart.
Teh Traineez0rz what is your avatar from? I'm having flashbacks from my childhood I know I've seen it before... ?
Gorilla man, a shark has no arms or legs, the only weapon is the bite, the gorilla can pound, smash and do anything he wants
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by imdeth
Gorilla. Haven't you ever played Smash Bros? Donkey Kong's wind up punch is brutal.

Falcon Punch is still more effective. It does 10% less damage but it throws them just as far and doesn't the to wind up.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Falcon Punch is still more effective. It does 10% less damage but it throws them just as far and doesn't the to wind up.

Yeah well we all know Captain Falcon would own a gorilla AND a shark. That goes without saying.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
there's no way a gorilla could beat a shark, regardless of the situation. You see the gruesome wounds people have gotten from sharks? Most of those aren't even genuine shark attacks; the sharks were simply testing if the people would be good to eat or not. If you throw a shark and a gorilla into a fight with both of them rearing to go, there's no contest.

A male gorilla can weight up to 205kg/450lb. An decent sized human male may weigh 70-80kg.

They are fantastically strong creatures. While shark would do serious damage, the gorilla has the flexability of having multiple string limbs to parry and block the shark from biting vital area, while fighting with any other limbs and it teeth.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by imdeth
Yeah well we all know Captain Falcon would own a gorilla AND a shark. That goes without saying.

and it solves teen pregnacy
The gorilla could finger paint, distracting the shark.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
I go with shark on this because i feel that sharks aren't as bloody stupid as people think. They are usually ambush predators and are hardly going to waltz on up to a gorilla a politley bite it. Nah, the shark would **** the gorilla up from an assualt out of some cover and proceed to sevre the gorillas main ateries. Job done.
Quote by country_juggler
I go with shark on this because i feel that sharks aren't as bloody stupid as people think. They are usually ambush predators and are hardly going to waltz on up to a gorilla a politley bite it. Nah, the shark would **** the gorilla up from an assualt out of some cover and proceed to sevre the gorillas main ateries. Job done.

You think a shark has any kind of accuracy with it's bites? For the last seconds of the approach they shut their eyes to protect themselves from blood. In a head to head fight, a gorilla (which is also believed to have greater intellectual powers) would be able to take advantage of this lack of precision by either pushing the shark off course with it's upper body strength, or simply taking the bite on one arm and using the other to gouge it's eyes out.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
why did I read that title as "Shark vs Gorilla: Who's the vicar?"?
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
in land shark wins
in water gorilla loses.

Shark=can't breath in land
Gorilla= can't breath in water

A gorilla and a shark is a stupid match up.
Quote by rizo299
(Invalid img)

Neither, they are natural allies. See the high five? Allies.

That right there is one of my favourite images ever.

I even had it printed on a shirt a while ago, but lost it on a night out
Quote by Vermintide
That right there is one of my favourite images ever.

I even had it printed on a shirt a while ago, but lost it on a night out

That's a whole new thread in itself!
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.