hey UG,
well you probably have a lot of these threads but I'm wanting to know what amp would be best for me... I'm in to heeps of SRV and am wondering which amp would have the best sound qualities for that type of sound (not so much at low volumes but at cranked volumes)

thanx,
Mike
yeh i thought it would.. thanx. Its a pitty though cause id like a bit more wattage to the blues junior
yeah but blues juniors gets VERY VERY loud, the amount of watts doesnt determine the loudness of the amp, remember that watts are just the headroom, a blues junior could probably get to the level of the 30, or even drain it out.
I've played on a Classic 30 and they are bloody loud. The clean channel is gorgeous, but the gain isn't brilliant. It sounds perfect with a TS though. I've not tried the Fender, but I've heard good stuff about it.
get a BJr and put in a jensen speaker (or get a used tweed version with it already) and you´ll have SRV in-a-box!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
if you're always able to crank it, don't forget the pro junior, cheaper, and some would say it sounds better. it's also "more" all tube (not that the BJ isn't all tube, but it has some ICs in it which i *think* are in the signal path when the fat switch is switched in, but i'm new to this electronics lark and could be wrong), if that matters.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by stratdud39
yeah but blues juniors gets VERY VERY loud, the amount of watts doesnt determine the loudness of the amp, remember that watts are just the headroom, a blues junior could probably get to the level of the 30, or even drain it out.

No that ain't right sorry mate.

The 15W BJ can be plenty loud but the Peavey, whilst not being twice as loud due its 30W is still considerably louder.
I have owned both, still have the BJ and even with a speaker change the C30 was louder.

Now you may say that is pure opinion and that'd be fair enough but I choose to believe my ears
Quote by Free
I have owned both, still have the BJ and even with a speaker change the C30 was louder.

Now you may say that is pure opinion and that'd be fair enough but I choose to believe my ears

u cranked them both?!?!?
Oh yeah, gigged em both, still gig with the BJ regularly. Had to send the C30 back to due a rather large rip in the tolex (transit scar) and would have accepted the replacement but they went out of stock and offered the cash. By the time I'd realised it I'd drank the cash and so it was onwards and upwards.....

I understand where you're coming from and the C30 was not twice as loud as the BJ as some may think given that it was twice its rating 15W v 30W. But it was definately louder. It was the first amp I've ever owned where I got asked, and then told, to turn down

I've seen a tweed version recently that just begs to be tried out.
Quote by Free
Oh yeah, gigged em both, still gig with the BJ regularly. Had to send the C30 back to due a rather large rip in the tolex (transit scar) and would have accepted the replacement but they went out of stock and offered the cash. By the time I'd realised it I'd drank the cash and so it was onwards and upwards.....

I understand where you're coming from and the C30 was not twice as loud as the BJ as some may think given that it was twice its rating 15W v 30W. But it was definately louder. It was the first amp I've ever owned where I got asked, and then told, to turn down

I've seen a tweed version recently that just begs to be tried out.

i stand corrected
but the blues junior will still be loud enough for gigs
Now thats another debate and one I've participated in within various recent threads.

I'm not necassarily disagreeing with you but there's more to it than that and I think we've hijacked this thread enough.

:shake:
Quote by Free
Now thats another debate and one I've participated in within various recent threads.

I'm not necassarily disagreeing with you but there's more to it than that and I think we've hijacked this thread enough.

:shake:

agreed
Quote by anotherbluesguy
I've played on a Classic 30 and they are bloody loud. The clean channel is gorgeous, but the gain isn't brilliant. It sounds perfect with a TS though. I've not tried the Fender, but I've heard good stuff about it.

Yeh, your not gonna have any problems with the amp being quiet, i own a classic 30 and there seriously loud. And like he said, its not the best gain ever but you can still get some nice tones out of it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
mm ok but does the BJ suffer with the small 1x12 speaker? wouldn't it sound smallish
my friend has the peavey and i have the fender. the peaveys pretty nice, first valve i ever played on, but i prefer the fender. i get a really nice thick sound out of it with the mid boost on, but youll want a pedal for most distortions really.
ok thanx.. I think i stick with the blues junior
Last edited by striker327 at Jan 17, 2009,