GT-10 is newest.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
^ not quite, seeing that the ME-70 was released a NAMM this year which was 2 days ago!

TS, it looks goos nice all round multi fx that shouldn't be to expense!
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
Quote by random_B-RAD
GT-10 is newest.

You're thinking ME-50 or ME-20, this one is new though.

I'm not really one for Multi-effects units, but it looks pretty cool.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Looks really sweet.
I have the ME-50 and that's great. This looks nice but it lacks two things. The wah effects on them are disappointing and it only has 38 seconds of recording time
This actually looks really good, I honestly think the ME-50 is one of the best multi-effects ever made and this looks like an ME-50 where every single bit is slightly better. The Comp/FX section looks good, Slow Gear emulation, mmm!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
I was thinkin of getting an me-50, i wonder if this will reduce the price of it?
Quote by random_B-RAD
GT-10 is newest.

GT-10 is 1 year old, ME-70 only one-two week(s)!?
I actually might get this
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
This is one of the few multi-effects that I think look decent.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
same here xwearsinking
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
As an ME-50 owner, I was interested to see what BOSS would bring out as the replacement.

I've been reading up on this product since the NAMM announcement a few days ago, and also there are some good demos here:

Audio/MP3 clips:

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/en/ME-70/

Video demo:

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=1001&ParentId=46

For me to part with the cash and put my ME-50 on eBay I'd have to spend some serious time with the ME-70 to determine if it's worth 'upgrading'.

I've had the ME-50 for less than a year and I really do like it. I love the OD/distortion sounds personally, and the fact that you can recognise what they are emulating by their names (Fuzz, Scream, Guv, Rat, etc).

Also I would have to justify to the wife why I'm ditching something that I've had less than a year to replace it with something that (in her view) does the exact same thing!

I only play at home for fun so the ME-50's 'deficiencies' as a gigging unit are not things I need to worry about.

YMMV of course but it will take some convincing to get me to ditch the ME-50 long before I've even got started exploring what it can really do!

So...the jury is still very much out on this one for me....until I'm able to properly assess the product. I would have to weigh up what I gain with the ME-70 vs what I lost with the ME-50.

I for one am not so bothered about the preamp models. I use my ME-50 with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe all-valve amp. So I don't really have a use for the preamp modelling stuff. I'm actually somewhat surprised that BOSS have included this - especially as it now makes it more like a GT-series box to a certain extent.

Phrase loop thing looks cool (as does the ability to store user patches without wiping the presets) but I don't know yet if it's better enough to convince me to 'upgrade'. It would be very easy just to go out and buy it because it's the newer model.

I already have an ME-50 so do I need it?

No.

Would I be cool if I did own it though?

Yes, almost certainly

kipper15

Guitar: Fender MIA 2006 Strat, Callaham upgrades
Pickups: Fender Custom Shop '69
Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
FX: Boss ME-50, Boss FBM-1, Boss FDR-1, Boss FRV-1, Boss GE-7, Vox Wah Wah, Dunlop Crybaby
Misc: Vox JamVOX, Dr Z Air Brake
OK...so just been looking at the specs more closely and I see these are the OD & Distortion sounds:

BOOST, NATURAL, OD-1, BLUES, DIST, CLASSIC, MODERN, METAL, CORE, FUZZ

It does seem odd - to me at least - that they've chosen to name only one of these after an actual pedal (OD-1) but the others in the OD/Dist category all have generic names (except, arguably, FUZZ).

On the ME-50 we got, among other things, modelled Tubescreamer (SCREAM), MXR Dist+ (DST+), Marshall Guvnor (GUV) and Pro Co Rat (RAT) pedals...along with a good selection of pedals modelled on Boss compacts (OD-1, BD-2, MT-2, etc). In fact with the 'variation' setting a total of 22 OD/Distortion sounds, with a really useful "Bottom" setting as part of the effect EQ.

Here I count 10 OD/Distortion sounds. Hmmmm.

The phrase loop feature may be fun though....and it's also useful to have the ability to store 36 user patches without overwriting the presets.

Just don't know yet if this is better enough for me to upgrade from my ME-50...especially as I've seen some UK retailers now advertising the ME-70 (they'll be available next month apparently) for around £270.

When you consider that I can pick up a brand new GT-10 for around £320 currently, there's not a massive price difference. Except the GT-10 is way too complex for my needs and I want to focus on playing, not programming.

I think this thing will have to SMOKE my ME-50 for me to part with the cash! Or I could just let GAS take over of course
kipper15

FX: Boss ME-50, Boss FBM-1, Boss FDR-1, Boss FRV-1, Boss GE-7, Vox Wah Wah, Dunlop Crybaby
i'm like most of you and have the me-50. not had it a year yet and i'm not even that good playing so maybe i'll wait for a while. i wish it had more of an evil metal distoriton sound but hey, you get so much other stuff i can't complain.

i've never used the presets on the me50, are they any good? i just turn it on and play with some distortion\overdrive and that's it!
Just Got the ME 70. Having much fun tweeking but I guess I'm a little thick. Can't figure out the whole saving tones in memory thing. Instructions seem simple, but no dice!
Anyone know of a video tutorial I can watch other than just guy's burning up the fret board?
Quote by mj2007
i'm like most of you and have the me-50. not had it a year yet and i'm not even that good playing so maybe i'll wait for a while. i wish it had more of an evil metal distoriton sound but hey, you get so much other stuff i can't complain.

i've never used the presets on the me50, are they any good? i just turn it on and play with some distortion\overdrive and that's it!

I've not been playing long so I'm not that good at playing either, like you I've had the ME-50 for less than a year and like it a lot for what it is. I've since invested in a few separate pedals which I use separately to the ME-50 but I still like the ME-50 for a lot of things. Some of the presets are overdone to my ears, but there are some really good ones in there for sure.
kipper15

Quote by louiswilliam
Just Got the ME 70. Having much fun tweeking but I guess I'm a little thick. Can't figure out the whole saving tones in memory thing. Instructions seem simple, but no dice!
Anyone know of a video tutorial I can watch other than just guy's burning up the fret board?

Haven't seen any myself yet, but then it's so new. I'm sure some tutorials will emerge shortly on youtube and other places. Why not email Boss support? I've always found them really helpful.

So, apart from some operational challenges, what do you think of the ME-70? How does it sound?
kipper15

Quote by kipper15
OK...so just been looking at the specs more closely and I see these are the OD & Distortion sounds:

BOOST, NATURAL, OD-1, BLUES, DIST, CLASSIC, MODERN, METAL, CORE, FUZZ

It does seem odd - to me at least - that they've chosen to name only one of these after an actual pedal (OD-1) but the others in the OD/Dist category all have generic names (except, arguably, FUZZ).

Well the OD-1 is a BOSS pedal so they can use that name. The others ore form other companies so they can't.

Same thing on the Valvetronix amps. The AC30 Top Boost model is called 'AC30TB' but the Dual Rectifier Model is called 'NUMETAL'
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Huh. Looks pretty decent. I'd probably get it only for filter/mod/wah/volume pedal effects (I have a distaste for multieffect OD/Distortion).

Still, I might take a look into this...

This is relevant to my interests
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by louiswilliam

no tutorial needed, just put into user mode, like say your window says u1, user 1 can hold up to 4 patches. just hit the pedal you want to save patch to, lets just use U1 PEDAL 1 for example. this means your in user 1-1. hit edit/exit button screen will say Ed.........then you can start adding your effects to it. once your satisfied hit the write button once and you can select which patch you wanna write too the hit it once more and wallah, its stored. i'm havin probs assigning the expression pedal. i'm not sure you can use it in every user effect, i cant get it to do anything but volume swells......good luck with it
"live to play, play to live"

05' ibanez s470qxdm
06' jackson dk2 pro series
peavey VK112 50watt
behringer x-Vamp-(soon to be digiT. rp500,
peavey vk120 watt half stack,

(debating on either s or rg prestige)